E30stz

Quick Questions

Ahh I didnt know this, thought the getrag 240's were universal between M10, M20 and M40

Cheers for the heads up!

will a getrag 240 from a pre facelift 320i bolt up to facelift 320i?

No, doesn't fit, different bolt layout. Both are getrag 240's tho, just different types, be careful.

Dammit! Well in that case, anyone need a 318i engine and manual conversion 1985? HAH!

will a getrag 240 from a pre facelift 320i bolt up to facelift 320i?

Yes, both m20 motors.

Ok, so I've lost both sets of keys for my e36.

What from here? Do new keys have to come from germany or can bmw sort me out from here? How long am I looking at having to wait? Gah- so frustrating.

It's just a standard key- no keyless entry/alarm buttons or anything-

Cheers.

Ok, so I've lost both sets of keys for my e36.

What from here? Do new keys have to come from germany or can bmw sort me out from here? How long am I looking at having to wait? Gah- so frustrating.

It's just a standard key- no keyless entry/alarm buttons or anything-

Cheers.

Checked your back pocket?

Checked your back pocket?

Haha trust me, I've looked everywhere-

Nobody?

I've done the SI reset before; but doing it again on another car, and it won't reset?!

The car was well due for it, could there be another reason why the SI lights won't turn off?

I've done the SI reset before; but doing it again on another car, and it won't reset?!

The car was well due for it, could there be another reason why the SI lights won't turn off?

Also, is it a rumour only that if the SI lights aren't reset, it allows the computer to make the car run/idle roughly? Any help, much appreciated.

Also, is it a rumour only that if the SI lights aren't reset, it allows the computer to make the car run/idle roughly? Any help, much appreciated.

huge myth.

Perhaps that people leave the SI lights for ages and the car needs a service badly and then starts to idle badly.

huge myth.

Perhaps that people leave the SI lights for ages and the car needs a service badly and then starts to idle badly.

Hah yah, so any other way to fix the SI lights?

I'm thinking about trying to help a mate replace the water-pump in his 95 E36 323i. I believe the engine is the M52.

Has anyone ever done this job before?

Is it simple?

Can it be done with the engine in the car?

I had a quick look over the car the other day and couldn't immediately identify the pump. It looks like it might be buried away beneath the alternator, but there were so many bits that I couldn't identify that I'm starting to question the wisdom of going down this path.

couple of things, broke my glovebox, more specifically latch wont open. any trick to getting these things off before i get pissed off with it and break something?

also, my bonnet release lives in the glovebox. Can someone PM how to open the thing using the latch from outside? pretty sure i've done it before but not having any luck with it now.

cheers guys

Bonnet - Flathead screwdriver through passenger side grill between haedlight and kidney. A round catch with a slot in it - put screwdriver in and turn.

Glovebox - a real bitch. I undid the hinge and all the trim panels and then used my rubber-like arms to slowly undo the screws holding the bracket the latch hooks into. Took awhile and may be an easier way.

what car is that bravo ive been wondering too long. they look like alfa phone dial wheels!

Edited by Chris C

Click on the pic. Its a Lamborghini Bravo.

Ignition Switch:

I'm wanting to see how easy this is first. Something along the lines of "Transpoter" - the movie, or I think the sports cars like Z3s have em' -- what do they actually do? Must the key be fully turned to the right then press button? Or both at the same time? Or key one click, then press button?

Thanks.

My E30 had a switch.

Had to turn the key all the way over (think 2 clicks) to the last point before you actually turn the car on ( nahmean?) then flick the switch and away she went. Make sure you use a really high amp switch,my one cooked itself.

When we did my manual conversion we hooked up the old auto inhibitor to one of my rather redundant switches so that it acted in a similar fashion.

Is more to inhibit knobs from using my car than for anything else but I would like to change it from a switch to a big red button.

What radiators will fit a 318iA FL?

Only FL auto radiators???

Edited by JP

Is there any difference between the exhaust manifold of a facelift 320i and a facelift 325i?

Cheers

Antony.

If an auto is in car A from factory and still drives fine when removed and placed into car B, which drives fine for 2 days then when you put it into gear it just revs, whats happened?