E30stz

Quick Questions

2,407 posts in this topic

Out of interest had a look in parts cat at a 328 99 sedan and a 325 04 sedan and they have the same part numbers for the plastic cover plate 51168238375 so if a standard sedan would say yes they are the same. They do have a few difference if fitted with heated glass, plan or tinted glass, fold in type and memory seats  etc in the wiring set up

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

at least two different versions for the wiring, according to the panel beater who replaced mine when they were stolen.  uncertain if there's a diff between pre facelift and LCI versions.

Yea, wiring is not a problem - its the cosmetics of the housing I'm worried about.

I don't want two different styled mirrors on the same car.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, allan said:

Out of interest had a look in parts cat at a 328 99 sedan and a 325 04 sedan and they have the same part numbers for the plastic cover plate 51168238375 so if a standard sedan would say yes they are the same. They do have a few difference if fitted with heated glass, plan or tinted glass, fold in type and memory seats  etc in the wiring set up

Thanks, yea I had a check on realoem too.

I wonder if the msport mirrors are the same as standard.

Edited to add that it appears that the coupe mirrors are different to sedan/wagon.

Edited by zero

The Cabrio has a different part number also. The shape of the mounting triangle is different from a sedan compact coupe etc i believe. The m3 seems to have the more rounded one like after market m sport one's I've seen. Were as the standard one is rectangular shaped and buckle looking.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, zero said:

I don't want two different styled mirrors on the same car.

:huh:

Given the ABS and traction control lights are illuminated, is it more likely that the issue is with an ABS sensor on the rear (driven) axle?

Remove and check have seen these covered with metal like filings stuck to them