Sign in to follow this  
r0tary15

Sr20det Bmw E30 Project

wow .. bloody nice job in the engine bay! ... after the mock .. about to do the same (cut / grind all the welded perches off )

Guest Denny Crane

wow .. bloody nice job in the engine bay! ... after the mock .. about to do the same (cut / grind all the welded perches off )

Good man, smoothed engine bays are the win.

Incredible - we should try get all these turbo e30s in a mag for a Performance car feature.

hell yea that would be tits!!

what are there 4 sr20's on here + a few more hanging around auckland that i know of.

What front kit is that dude?

Such a sleeper

Incredible - we should try get all these turbo e30s in a mag for a Performance car feature.

so down ..

wont be done till next summer tho :(

the work you have done is awesome, i want to sex it. 10 points

Edited by bumpdE30

the work you have done is awesome, i want to have sex it. 10 points

Ok, whatever floats your boat dude!..... :unsure:

But yea looks so mean!!

Edited by efirty

how did you work out the brake booster problem - also could you post a link to the place where you got the mounts and odd parts that helped get the job done?

I havent got a link to the palce that done my mounts sorry but a place were i live in Whakatane called Performance Zone did them ay. Um i just got a heatshield made up and remoted them ay

very tidy!!

The super tucked skinny wheeled look is a bit ghey though.

On a build as good as this, you could do a whole lot better!!!

very tidy!!

The super tucked skinny wheeled look is a bit ghey though.

On a build as good as this, you could do a whole lot better!!!

Yes well I am planning on getting new deep dish rims for it in the future dont have the money to buy them write this minute.

Yes well I am planning on getting new deep dish rims for it in the future dont have the money to buy them write this minute.

I know what thats like!! Was just giving my 2c not having a go.

Awesome job so far, not riced to the days!

Are the rims Alessios?

Very nice mate! 4dr looks good with out spoiler to.

Thanks!!

All Engine Mounts and DriveShaft were made through Brake & Clutch

Just got Car back from panel & paint shop a month ago got all the holes welded up and new plates welded in along the chassi rails and along all the firewall were the rubber plates used to be which has given it a good clean look now. All the rest of the wrk I have done by myself , I am going with the E21 Brake booster just the matter ivwe finding one tho! Car is from whakatane was original owned by my brother callum and I bought it off him at the start of the year to do this project car should be all done and ready for the nats next year so carnt wait!!

Hi just in reply to this commet, i have a 320i and have just got my hands on a sr20det, just wondering how much it cost you to get the engine mounts, the driveshaft and what gearbox you used to do it all. Must say, stunning job mate!! Everyone does two doors, go too finally see a nice example of the four door again, and if i can pick your brain on this as i do mine would be muchly apperciated.

i rekon u cud go with a really wide rim with stretch tyres, that wud look super sick XD

Edited by QUBE

umm...can you do a detailed write-up about this swap, including your wiring issues, brake booster issues, etc. Pretty please!!! I am state-side and VERY INTERESTED in doing this exact swap! Just let me know. Thanks.

umm...can you do a detailed write-up about this swap, including your wiring issues, brake booster issues, etc. Pretty please!!! I am state-side and VERY INTERESTED in doing this exact swap! Just let me know. Thanks.

Quite an old thread dude. Best to send the owner a PM to see if he can help you.

Very nice.

Welcome.

If you sent anybody specs about intallation & bracket dementions or anything regarding what it takes to do the swap I would apreciate it verry much if you send me that info aswell.