Sign in to follow this  
low320i

power attenna

hay everyone dont know if you guys can help but throught worth a try iv just finished fitting a pionnier cd player in a friends wrx(about 94 model)

my problem is when the standy cd player was in there the anttenna would only pop up when you were listing to the radio.but now it comes up az soon az the head unit turns on is there any way to change it back or will she just have to put up with it?

cheers

brian

me and a mate had the same problem with his wrx, pioneer unit too :P. there isnt a way to make the headunit stop doing it but on his we put a switch in the line between the head unit and areial power lead so when he wants to listen to the radio he hits the button and the aerial goes up, hits it again and it goes down. Hope this helps.

Most aftermarket head units have two remote output wires, usually one is blue and the other is blue with a white stripe.(depends on the brand)

One switches on an external amp (if fitted) whenever the head unit is on, the other is to signal the antenna to operate only when the radio is on. I think you probably have them mixed up.

it can just be the difference in brand, typical subarus as well, mates got a impreza n his aerial went up as soon as tha car went on with his clarion...thn he got a new jvc...auxillary front input :)))))))))))).... and his aerial now onli goes up wen he listens to radio.

time for sum rules in the car audio industry and better communication as well as rules between car audio manufacturers and car makers....every head unit/ stereo/ system is wired the same... I know wishful thinking....but it just make things soo much easia..

but tha big companies would never give into unity....