Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

e30 s50b32 turbo project.

more ...

(rear m-coupe trailing arm setup,m-coupe floating rear brakes, ground control kit and koni's / eibachs) and the adjustible camber / castor top plates.

post-373-1176102900_thumb.jpg

post-373-1176103124_thumb.jpg

the engine (yet to be worked on) in its N/A state.

s50b32 once all the work is done N/A at the 8:5 1 compression ratio should be doing about 300 odd bhp

Still looking into the flow rates but it starting to look like a GT42r Garret turbo will be the juice for a solid 800-820 +bhp (the end goal)

post-373-1176104289_thumb.jpg

Hey Josh, didn't even know you had an E30, missed the thread last time. Certainly looks to be an exciting project... keep us posted!

looking fricken awesome dude! hope it all goes to plan !

THIS PUTS MY PROJECT TO SHAME! Hot

hehe nah dude,

my hat goes off to anyone who modifies their cars to what ever level .. its all a learning process ..

and good to see we now have a bunch of modded e30's in NZ now :D

Very good to see all these modded e30s in NZ !

Hey Josh whos doing all your cert work? Is there a guy that you work with from when you did your 330?

Definatly keen to come have a look when you have made some more progress :D

Hey Josh whos doing all your cert work? Is there a guy that you work with from when you did your 330?

Definatly keen to come have a look when you have made some more progress :D

Haven't got to the certing stuff yet .. will most likely go with who ever fabricators recommend. Precision Autowerks only did the panel work on the 330.

ohhh something I forgot to add... we have uprated the brake booster to a audi 25mm v8 88 master cyclinder (new) and so the intake plenium will fit. And used a golf 1.3 mkII booster (second hand). .. the 1.3 mkII booster was a bitch to find .. as they didnt bring those versions to NZ.

Nah, i mean when you got your coilovers etc certed? Your 330 has coilovers right?

Your e30 is going to be one of the best in N.Z. if not thee best, i will have to see it when i get my restricted if you dont mind. Mint project!!!

thats one cool project man

im green, wish i had the time to take on somting this sick.

keep us posted on the engine mods would love to give my engine that kind of treatment one day.

Cheers guys :)

Nah, i mean when you got your coilovers etc certed? Your 330 has coilovers right?

Nah the 330i is just on lowered pI springs ... Will look into PSS9's for it when I can be assed. the e30 is taking up my time at the moment.

thats one cool project man

im green, wish i had the time to take on somting this sick.

keep us posted on the engine mods would love to give my engine that kind of treatment one day.

for sure, Its not too difficult actually. just a little pricey as you need to get new low comp forged pistons (8:5 1) and rods / multi layer metal head gasket, o-ring the block and head. Custom manifold / fuel rail / injectors / surge tank / dual walbro pumps and custom fuel lines. Correct turbo selection for what you want to achieve. Your crank is forged anyway ... you could nitrogen treat it .. to make it harder .. (still looking into this myself) and weather to coat the pistons for higher operating tempratures. (allows more boost etc etc)

You dont need to get go a full ECU .. you could do it with the TRS piggy back .. but you would be limited on a few things with that .. but atleast you get to keep vanos.

We are using an SM4 Autronic.

I have seen pistons that have been nickel plated on top, supposedly very good at stopping detonation from blowing though. I think you will have oil squirters fitted to this engine anyway, which lower the piston temps. Injectors will need uprating,as they are marginal on the std engine, but why change the fuel rail?- it is quite a nice piece and the FPR runs at 5 bar on these engines which is also nice.

...why change the fuel rail?- it is quite a nice piece and the FPR runs at 5 bar on these engines which is also nice.

From what we have seen ... the fuel rail .. they a just a tiny bit too small for the higher horse power .. its not so much replacing it .. just modifing it a little, and yeah injectors will defantily be higher rated...

OMFG it looks like the best work..everything is being done so well, great work!! that sure is going to cost some $$!

Can i ask what kind of jack that is? looks like some kind of movable hoist, i want one??

Edited by nz320i Chris

OMFG it looks like the best work..everything is being done so well, great work!! that sure is going to cost some $$!

Can i ask what kind of jack that is? looks like some kind of movable hoist, i want one??

.... can only see jack stands and a trolley jack??

Moveable hoist??

ahhh its just axel stands you can get from any auto shop ... and a standard low profile trolly jack (powerbuilt)

We have a mobile hydrulic engine hoist next to the engine .. but thats about it for the heavy lifting stuff.

Test fit for new front spacers vs BBS LM 18x8.5... perfect :)

When the new m3 guards are on we only have to make minor guard adjustments and to the rear inner guard lining. Pretty stoked so far ... and yes the front are at full camber .. they wont be like this full time :)

enjoy

Posted Image

Looking good Josh, It's coming together well!!

Is that one of Lee's (massive) BBK's?? You doing the rear too??

I thought you said some where the rear springs were "barrel"shaped!?! They don't look it.

Just watch out for coilbind, cause in the stock location you may find the TA's go a bit "banana" after some decent pounding!! And the M-coupe bracing does not address this.

Were those the LM's on tardme, from napier or hastings??

Keep the pic's coming!!!

Fark, i love BBS LM's! very nice, project looking mint !