Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

Targa Bambina Chase

The Targe Bambina is on this Sunday. Cain Chapman from the BMWCC (E34 540i 6 speed) has organised to meet at the BP service stop halfway between Papakura and Drury at 7.00am.

All those keen are more than welcome to join in. My brother (threeta) and I will hopefully be there in the M5 if the Managing Director will give me a leave pass!!

Looking forward to meeting a few of you.

Jock

Guest Andrew

I'll see you there - any one wanna post on a wises.co.nz map where that petrol station is?

You can't miss it, next off ramp southbound after Papakura.

Guest Andrew

grant was just telling me your driving down SH4 to like national park.. i don't think I can really cruise down there on Sunday?

grant was just telling me your driving down SH4 to like national park.. i don't think I can really cruise down there on Sunday?

yeah, the Targa Bambina is in and around Taumaranui, if I am not mistaken.

Quite a drive.

I hope that those of you who make the trip have a great time.

Cheers

Yup, it starts at Taumaranui, but heads north to finish at Otarahonga. I'm actually looking to start later and catch stage 7 just west of Te Kuiti which starts at 1.50pm. The final stage thru the streets of O starts at about 4pm. I will look to leave from the BP at Papakura/Drury at about 11.30am if anyone is keen.

Come on Andrew, should be a good thrash, only about 3-400kms.

Jock

What a cool day.. Managed to catch up with two of the stages yesterday. The most fun was had thrashing the "Big White Bus" around the back raods of the King Country though. Even managed to get the brakes fading in a couple of spots.

Only had three people offer to buy my car off me though.

Saw how beneficial a roll cage is when one guy manged to literally wrap his Peugeot 405 Mi16 around his. Not a straight panel left and he even managed to break both rear shocks. Totally stuffed everything on it. Then again the rear number plate was salvagable!!! Even the floor had been pushed up in the boot. I've never seen a car so f**ked up in all my life. Driver got flown to hospital but is OK from what I understand.

M5 is now covered in bugs and brake dust!!! Have to teach my 5 year old how to wash cars one day. I knew having kids was going to be good for something!

Strapper

Yeah, unfortunately nice cars do occassionally get wrecked...but that is the price paid for the good fun that is had.

Two years ago at the Targa proper (3 Targa's ago now) I watched a stage through Te Miro (at the back of Cambridge). It was wet, and four cars in a row missed the corner we were on, went up the small bank, got airborne and ended up in the paddock beside us.

Miraculously, we managed to get three of them back on the road, where they were able to limp to the stage end (about 500 metres further up the road).

All the good fun was ended though when one of the competitors went down the road and warned all of the future cars that the corner ahead was a tad slippery.

Cheers