Sign in to follow this  
dave

Official F1 thread...

Sepang next Sunday, Williams need to win to stay competitive, If JPM could jus take a chill pill then maybe he would be able to stay in control of his car...

Gonna be a hot one so should be favourable to all teams running the Michelin's...

The hot temperatures, typical of Malaysia and Bahrain, should be favourable for our car, so we are hoping that the next two races will be more positive for us

Juan Pablo Montoya.

but i like the sound of this, makes sh*t more exciting:

Sam Michael (Chief Operations Engineer, WilliamsF1):

"Malaysia will be a lot hotter than Australia, but there is always the risk of the daily tropical thunderstorms that are so common to the area."

Guest Andrew

I don't think there has been a malay GP that hasn't rained - its dumb having it in the arvo when it WILL rain.

I don't think there has been a malay GP that hasn't rained - its dumb having it in the arvo when it WILL rain.

haha i forget you lived there....

and for any of you who are curious, here are the girls that made the cut....

post-18-1079212304.jpg

Guest Spargo

yummy. :o

Malaysia is always my fav non euro race. The Shoe will walk away if it rains.

i thought the grid girls drove auto 318's? or am i missing something here?

i thought the grid girls drove auto 318's? or am i missing something here?

Dreams are free I suppose. Just when the lines of reality and fantasy are blurred that a problem starts to happen.

Cheers

Malaysia is always my fav non euro race. The Shoe will walk away if it rains.

Yup, lets hope it is fine so that it it isn't a Schumi/Bridgestone benefit.

Cheers

Im lucky enough to be going this Thursday to the GP so ill do my best to get as many pics as i can. Hell yeah not very awesome. :ph34r:

Guest Andrew

Im lucky enough to be going this Thursday to the GP so ill do my best to get as many pics as i can. Hell yeah not very awesome. :ph34r:

I've been to the malay GP when it first opened - sweet race - you can see so much up and down either side.

Well its off to Bahrain tomorrow should be a good race, hopefully not a red-wash as it has been so far, Barrichello has taken out the practices so far...

be interesting to see how williams goes in qualifying......

heres a snippet of the f1.com site....

The sand is seen as the big potential problem, and for sure there was a fair amount of dust on the track yesterday and again this morning during the first Formula BMW session. But Jenson Button, for one, does not expect it to be too big a deal. “I went round the track this morning,” he said yesterday. “It’s changed a bit since I was here last October, when it was a building site with just the main straight laid. It’s dirty, sure, but in that respect it’s the same, if not better, than Brazil or Hungary.”

“There is only a problem if we have a southerly wind,” added Philippe Gurdjian, who has been on site since January 11 ensuring that everything goes together. “We are scheduled to have a northerly wind all weekend, so we should be okay.”

Button spoke for many when he added: “It’s probably the best track built in recent years,” he said. “There are some good high-speed corners, and even the slow corners aren’t that slow. There will be some good overtaking opportunities too, maybe as many as four or five per lap.”

“It’s super,” Formula One Management’s Bernie Ecclestone said. “Bahrain International Circuit will be one of the best in the world. The standard is so high, it’s raised the bar so much. I’m very impressed and I’m very happy with it. It will be a great event.”

Ferrari are quietly confident. The F2004 is largely unchanged since Sepang (the next step forward will come for Imola) but Bridgestone have brought four specifications of tyre. The Japanese company reports that the track is quite grippy, but awaits feedback on how many small stones come up out of it once the Formula One cars start running on the surface. There are also concerns that one line may appear, especially in the race, with the optional lines being too dusty for overtaking. Time will tell.

Williams are also confident, after making a breakthrough on set-up testing in Paul Ricard last week. Certainly there is no intention of slackening the chase after Ferrari, and Michelin too has its usual complement of new-specification tyres. The high ambient and track temperatures will help them in their battle with Bridgestone.

BAR, who also have a new rear suspension and some aero tweaks, also felt that they made a big step on car set-up when Button set the fastest time in testing at Paul Ricard, while Jaguar believe they have sorted the starting problems that ruined Mark Webber’s race in Malaysia. Renault are slightly less optimistic, believing that the point-and-squirt nature of the circuit “will favour the more powerful Michelin cars.”

Sauber has a new rear wing, the first product from its new wind tunnel at Hinwil which is now operational again after a minor electrical fault just before Malaysia.

Bahrain will be hard on brakes, gearboxes and engines, and the top four teams must juggle the considerations of engine mileage limitation with the need to learn the track and make the right tyre choice. However, more and more teams can extrapolate successfully from their computer feedback, so those teams which cannot run three cars – Ferrari, BMW, McLaren and Renault can offset their disadvantage.

*crosses fingers* hopes schumi stacks it in qualifying!!!! B)

Juan also missed out in practice two, running one thousandth of a second slower than rubens, pulling a 1m 31.451s lap