Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

BMW Compact SE

What is people opinion on the new 2004 Compacts in Black?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's Onslow Rd going up from Old Hutt Rd.

I know that road very well, used to drive it at least twice a day for years (used to live up on Jubilee Rd)

Saw one just like that on the road today actually, coming down Aotea Quay, looked good.

... there is a BMW 545i too... same engine as the 645i.

(maybe we should start a new thread on this one instead of hijacking the poor Compact.)

There are other personal reasons why we choose BMW over other cars aswell...

yea i understand i would choose a bmw over every car

and i would deffinatly spend $20- 30k extra to have a bmw

sedans, sweet. coupes, sweet. convertibles, sweet. tourings... sweet. what happened to the compact?

its almost as if bmw wanted to fill a niche and 'whipped it up', i dont think it has the same visual balance as all the other shapes im bmws range. a pity really.

anyway, flag a compact. if your 20 and honestlylooking for an $80,000 car, i cant see insurance really being that much of a problem. find a mint 2nd hander to the value of say 60 grand and spend the rest on insurance...

there was a e30 M3 evo sport for 50 large in a recent BMWCC magazine....

go one. you know you want to... ^_^

60 grand??? :o

Thats RX8 and 350Z territory

edit: and HSV Maloo range too. What else at that price is gunna get you nearly 400hp?

Edited by E30_318i

IMO buying new cars is kinda daft.....they lose incredible amounts of value the moment they roll out the showroom....only worth it if company is paying....and as to paying for the bmw name....its dumb.....id rather have a more entertaining drive in a jappa than cruise round in a 318 and think im the sh*t because i own a bmw

Edited by Gus

i hope your not talking to me punk......the day someone offers me a e30 m3 is the day i say sure....which testicle of mine do you want?

Nah i don't mean personal like that, i mean personal as in my brother was in a major car accident a while back and basically the only reason he is still alive right now is because he was driving my old man's 540i, and now because of that accident my old only buys BMW's.

Not the fact that i just want to show off in a BMW, if i had my choice i would go for a $40,00 2002 kitted out RAV4 2dr, i recon they look quite nice ..!!

Guest Andrew

IMO buying new cars is kinda daft.....they lose incredible amounts of value the moment they roll out the showroom....only worth it if company is paying....and as to paying for the bmw name....its dumb.....id rather have a more entertaining drive in a jappa than cruise round in a 318 and think im the sh*t because i own a bmw

yes - but you don't keep new cars. You buy them and trade them on a new one again when the warentee expires.

60 grand??? 

Thats RX8 and 350Z territory

I paid over $60k for my wheels, but I wasn't shopping for a performance car. If I were spending that kinda dough with performance as a priority, I'd probably be looking at an Audi S4, Legacy GT, RX8.

350Z too impractical.

I would also consider the 3-series sedans or coupe second hand, but the choice wasn't mine.

The car should be here within the next 3 weeks or so.