Sign in to follow this  
Guest reckless

86 M325i 4 door

Guest reckless

leather interior, cd player,high ks, prof lowered,mint interior. im asking 7000ono i have pics :D

Edited by reckless

haha gutted if only you were here about 3 months ago....:( can i have some pics? just for curiosity

Guest hizza bizza

i think the real question here is, why would people sell bmw's?

to upgrade perhaps?

Guest reckless

yeah im gonna have pics soon still not hundy cent gonna sell it just running through a couple of options :rolleyes: im keen to sell it to a nice home

Edited by reckless

i thought all genuine motorsport 325i's were coupe? i duno thats just wat ive heard, can u please send pics? James_Faesen@hotmail.com

Sports were only 2 door (although there is a four door in CHCH). Motorsports are factory add-ons so could have been two or four door. Question was whether it is factory add on in Germany or dealer kitted in NZ.

Sports have five speed dog leg boxes - that's how you tell. Oh, and the LSD, kit, etc, etc. Major difference is extra horses. Motorsports have same 170ish bhp and seek improvements in other areas.

I posted a heap on these in the past - for those that are interested.

J

Guest Spargo

What J said. It was different horses for different courses.

The Americans got the 325i M-Technik , whihc was a vert, auto only, and Brits got the 325i Motorsport, which was a convertible with the high comp motor, and thus very rare. Their M-Tec coupes were known as Sports, and we have a few down here (3 that i know of). We got the Motorsporrt package, which was cosmetic and suspension. The interior was an option only, and much to my immense anger, barely any owners specced up an SE to Motorsport spec, they usually used the most basic 325i they could afford. <_<

Their M-Tec coupes were known as Sports, and we have a few down here (3 that i know of). We got the Motorsporrt package, which was cosmetic and suspension.

Are there truly 3 "Sports" (not Motorsports) in NZ - i.e. LSD, kit, dog leg box, 200bhp motor? I know of one, but it isn't a Sport anymore.

To all: there is a big difference between a Sport (c.3,000 only worldwide) and a Motosport so make sure you know what you are buying. Put another way, the "average" seller is just telling you what s/he was told when purchasing the car - doesn't necessarily make it what s/he says it is!

A Sport will give the E30 M3 a run for its money (arguably) the Motorsport will look good next to it, until the lights go green.

J

Guest Spargo

Yea, your old blue one, and a couple of UK imports. 2 I know for certain, could have been more. The chef at Sails restaurant (Bart ...) and a few of his mates imported some about 9 years ago. I was going to buy his for 8.5K, but he sold it from under my nose, the night before I was due to come give it a final inspection. No call to see if i wanted to go higher, nothing. And it had a peronalised plate, so I can't find out who has it now, and offer them $$ for it! Damn Damn Damn.

I know for certain they imported 3 SPorts, but there were more than 3 cars that got imported by them, so some others may have been. I'm not positive.

Guest reckless

yeah mine just looks good next to a m3 (i found that out a couple of weeks ago) i think it just has every thing bar the fat motor. it was german optioned but built right hand drive, i might go into power haus and find out for sure. either that or shellys it was brand new from there when it came in the country.

yeah mine just looks good next to a m3 (i found that out a couple of weeks ago) i think it just has every thing bar the fat motor. it was german optioned but built right hand drive, i might go into power haus and find out for sure. either that or shellys it was brand new from there when it came in the country.

Nice! Would love to have a nose around it sometime. Never actually seen a proper (excluding the Sport I owned) Sport in NZ.

J

these exclusive "sports" with the dog leg box etc. what sort of money would they go for if one was to come into new zealand? wouldnt it be quite a collectors item? whats the power output etc.? wat 1/4 mile times? or could somebody send me in the right direction? thanx -James

these exclusive "sports" with the dog leg box etc. what sort of money would they go for if one was to come into new zealand? wouldnt it be quite a collectors item? whats the power output etc.? wat 1/4 mile times? or could somebody send me in the right direction? thanx -James

I don't think they will be coming into NZ anymore until they are 20 years old or more - but could be wrong. Grab a BMW magazine from the UK, see what they are going for in pounds and multiply by 3.5 to get a price in NZ$ incl. shipping and GST.

its just that i know of one thats coming into New Zealand soon, and im looking to pick it up and sell it off for a bit more, maybe as a collectors item etc. can u give me a rough price of wat theyd expect to go for and how fast are they? 1/4 mile wise and what power output etc.? any info wud be good,

... im looking to pick it up ....

If you want to be completely safe, make sure it is registered and warranted in NZ. Otherwise, you may have an (unsellable) track car on your hands that is not street legal.

yeh ill make sure to get that checked, its only a maybe at the moment, im trying to work out the prices etc. i mite buy it and sell it straight away to get another M325 or sumthing, so can they seriously keep up with e30 M3's?