Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E36 Audio - Speakers

lol I know exactly who you're talking about.

who? I cant say their name purely because Ive said that they are sh*t...you can....:P or PM me haha....

hahaha DING! thanks for playing you have been awarded 100 points for the correct answer. However I think it is a black Honda? It had chromes thats for sure :P

However I think it is a black Honda?

We'll settle on a charcoal Honda. I've heard the stereo in that car, one of the louder music bass systems around (not talking test tones). I know one guy who was physically sick after being in the back seat for a while. Not my kind of stereo system but the 3 piece sub box is a work of art.

For everyone else we're talking about CSS on Wairau Rd. One of the few shops in Auckland I'd recommend :lol: I do a fair amount of business with them and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Their good sales guys know their stuff, don't feed you with marketing bs and they give sharp prices. Looks like International got the bad egg on a bad day.

Rapid is a mystery to me. It has a great reputation and caters to the affluent market yet the brands they carry are decidedly average, I surprised they don't carry some of the high end brands like DLS and Focal to cater for their 'money is no object' customers. It's almost criminal what they put into $80K+ cars. Alpine stuff I can accept in those value cars, but Soundstream and Sony no way.

i have just put in a set of

sony xplod

4inch rear speakers

5.25 speakers coaxial ones or what ever in the front

not a great deal in diffrence

highly would not recomend these 4inch for the rear not very loud / in that ported box you will not fit anything larger than the 4inch , it is not commpletely sealed compared to factory which is 4 an a half

so i keep going in search of what is best iv been told that good 6inch speakers work nice in the rear

also in my coupe the doors have mid bass speakers an tweeter how could i up grade the mids

can anyone please help i want to do the whole d I Y thing or am i better to go to a shop

Edited by PBOY

don't bother upgrading the mids in the doors, just get a quality set of 6.5inch components and they will do fine. i haven't checked out what the space behind the speakers is like yet, but this is the road i will be taking soon. i have heard people can fit 6.5s in there. would also recommend sound deadening behind the speakers to get the most out of them.

Edited by 328imobbin

yeh neal was saying the fronts you can squeeze a det of 6.5 in the front im not sure about the rears what to go for its got me f**ked, these sony speakers are a piece of sh*t that have i woundered by it set me back 87$ from paralel for all four

sony is crap. save your money on the rears and spend more on the front, you sit in the front, do you go to a concert and stand with your back turned to the stage? so why would you want to listen to music from behind you? if you have a good set of fronts you wont notice that you dont have rears

so say if i buy a set of soundstream 6.5s then i should be right ?

there are two models i see

one component the other coaxial but with component sound

dont you have to run high power component 6.5s with a amp say etc soundstream lil wounder amp ?

i would go with a set of alpine type R. you can pick a set up second hand for like 180ish and you will be sweet

Anyone wanna explain how the f**k ones meant to squeeze 6.5s in the front? My Earthquake components have been sitting waiting to be put in.And I'm mad.

Anyone wanna explain how the f**k ones meant to squeeze 6.5s in the front? My Earthquake components have been sitting waiting to be put in.And I'm mad.

whats the problem? depth?

6 1/2" infinitys in the front. Tweeters in the doors.

post-674-1197483404_thumb.jpg

post-674-1197483615_thumb.jpg

Scuse the dirt.

Theres no way they would have fitted behind the standard kick panel.

hey westy

did you cut out factorys or have one made i up i take it you have modedfied factorys now i know what im goin to need

did you run any spacers?

cheers P

hey westy

did you cut out factorys or have one made i up i take it you have modedfied factorys now i know what im goin to need

did you run any spacers?

cheers P

PM Sent

No cutting required to fit Sony HSF 6.5's into the front. Metal speaker cutout needs a couple of mill adjustment to fit in baskets.

I just put the 6.5 inch earthquake components in the foot wells. No butchering needed and could still leave the factory sound deadening and cover etc on. Just had to cut the bonnet release cog a bit.

Am no working on getting another set of components for the doors which I will run off a seperate amp.

Also got some JVC 6.5's in the back which required spacers.

do they sound good ? go hard ? i must have a look when i come get that 20 hahaha

My headunit shat out before I chucked em in but tested with mates deck and they cranked and they aint even amped.

I'm waiting for my dvd player and screens to arrive then I will make a pod for the door to put my fusion 6.5 components in which I will run off another amp.

Its coming together, will post pics when all done