Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Schumi Leaves his Team

Guest Spargo

Haha, i bet you thought Michael was leaving!

no, Schumi, R is leaving Williams for Renault. You read it here 1st!

Haha, i bet you thought Michael was leaving!

no, Schumi, R is leaving Williams for Renault. You read it here 1st!

Are you sure, I read he was leaving for Toyota today. He was in discussions with Renault last week, but from what I read it fell through.

Cheers

What I read today

"Ralf Schumacher is ready to sign a Formula One deal with Toyota.

The German is sick of tenuous negotiations with BMW-Williams and could earn upwards of $22 million per-season at the Cologne-based team from 2005.

Earlier, Schumacher was linked with a switch to Renault.

But an insider close to Toyota told The People: 'Ralf has been having meeting after meeting with the team to iron out a deal and he's now ready to sign.'"

Source www.f1live.com

Cheers

well Williams are doing well for themselves, whens Dixon gonna get a few test runs? damn it!!

Funny you should ask that. Scott Dixon is having a 4 day testing session with Williams in two weeks time.

Cheers

It is interesting that the rumours about Ralf leaving Williams have all gone very quiet, even though the BBC has been reporting that he is most likely leaving for Toyota too.

Haven't the Toyota's been disappointing in the two F1 races so far this year.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Agreed, perhaps a terrible faux pas has been made by Schumi's manager?

Edited by CiLK WuRM

I think that it would be a very career limiting move for Ralf to join Toyota...look at how Jacques Villineuve (sp) suffered when he went to the lesser teams. Their ego's don't take too kindly to not being with a competitive team.

What are people's thoughts on Webber and Williams, is that just a rumour or is he doing testing as well?

Just rumours at this stage. I doubt that Jaguar would release him for testing with Williams (during the rest of the regular season). He has proved he is a very good driver (last night excluded) so I don't think that Williams feel they need him to test for them.

I think that he would be very good in a competitive car, he has the ability to get the most out of a car, as he proved all last year in the Jaguar...which must qualify as one of the most unreliable cars around.

If Ralf goes, I think that Webber will be Willliams first choice, followed very closely by Button, but I can't see Button leaving BAR in a hurry. They seem to be the big improvers this year, and Honda look after Button very well, and he is treated like royalty by Honda.

William's second seat could be interesting, I feel that Scott Dixon needs a season of testing before being a F1 'race' driver. However, if Williams are willing to take a risk on Dixon to start racing straight away, I think that after a few races he will be very very competitive.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

I'll bet the words "8 figures" were thrown around.

I would have thought he got 8 figures now?