Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

So happy right now

hey just bought these, and picking them up next week, are they weaves or 3 piece RS or whatever??

anyway ill paint them gun grey and polish the lip and spend some money on my car stiffening the ride up once ive sold my other wheels which i think i will..

thanks

post-643-1162541160_thumb.jpg

What'd ya pay? How will you go about polishing the rim?

definatly 3 piece, will look sweeeet when done.

have fun polishing the lips though. I've still got my polishing wheels and soaps if you want to give polishing a go yourself.

Hey i thought you said 15s were to small :) hehe you have come to the dark side. good score mate they will look great on your car.

haha yeah i think these will look the part im almost thinking a gold center like the white m3 on here????

dont know, and autosol maybe?? as they just look oxidized?

and paid $500!!

Score!

Thanks to andy for letting me know! cheers mate

Polished rims with gold centres looks hottttt on white cars, do it. I was worryed that 15s would look to small but our cars

are both low so it should be fine

yeah its going to be gold!!

cant wait to get them now, where can i get some dece paint as i dont want to pay someone to do them..

cheers

Polished rims with gold centres looks hottttt on white cars, do it. I was worryed that 15s would look to small but our cars

are both low so it should be fine

Hey have you got pics of yours with your new wheels on yet??

Chris, have you considered powder coating them? Costs around $50 per wheel from memory ($25 for stripping then $25 for powder coating) Only problem is sometimes the finish isn't so flash and not sure what the range of colours is like.

Otherwise if your keen to DIY I'd really recommend a 2 pak clear coat, you want something pretty tough. Wheels get pretty beaten up. Depending on how far back you take the original paint you'll want a proper etching primer. Probably should get them media blasted, sanding between those weave will be a c**t. 5 spoke wheels were bad enough to sand.

Polishing shouldn't be too bad as you said they've all ready been polished, just depends how badly oxidised they are.

Good luck though, wheel refurbing is a mission.

I see, from what i hear its harder said then done, will look into it, and where is a sand blaster??

i really dont want to sand them.. otherwise its $250 at elite to do the whole lot incl polishing which is looking good at the mo considering i dont really have time

Hey have you got pics of yours with your new wheels on yet??

Not yet mate, car is still at the panel beaters. Gives me a bit of time to work on my wheels to.Its a mission to find pics of dished 15s on e30s. But they do look dam good provided the car is lowww .and handling is much improved over 17s etc to

Dude!! will have to get in touch when i get them, will be around next weekend cos im away this week, can u do the middle and not the rim, then ill paint them myself or does your work do that sort of thing?

i cant remember what u said u did at work?

Andrew, can you move this thread to another part of the board, and keep this free for discussion on the race series. cheers Conrad

Nice wheels always wanted some of these, send them to arrow wheels and get a custom 4 inch lip made for those puppies :D

will be getting bigger dish on the rear in some time :D

ohhh yeah i wish i had 16" though