Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Sub not working

On the drive home last night from work I noticed that there was hardly any bass coming from my stereo so when i got home I checked it out. Instead of making a doof it makes a very small, quite and pathetic tick or click. Have I fried my amp and therefore my sub has no power or has my sub just crapped itself?

Cheers

"Maybe Mum and Dad would like some music, he's very good with music, you know, doof doof!........." :D

Tell us your specs.

Were you pumping it very hard, so hard that the sub could of popped? Check all amp fuses, and if you have a spare amp, try changing to see if sub will work. And of course, first off check all wire/cables are well rooted.

/edit; actually, if the sub is still "working" in a manner that sound is still coming out, a blown fuse would stop all sound coming out assuming you have a standard setup.

Edited by jpp

Tell us your specs.

Were you pumping it very hard, so hard that the sub could of popped? Check all amp fuses, and if you have a spare amp, try changing to see if sub will work. And of course, first off check all wire/cables are well rooted.

/edit; actually, if the sub is still "working" in a manner that sound is still coming out, a blown fuse would stop all sound coming out assuming you have a standard setup.

Well my sub popping was my first thought but then if sound so still coming out then maybe i fried my amp.

ok ive got a 2channel 760W(pioneer GM-5100t) max bridged powering the sub(TS-W306C) and then a 4 channel 600W(GM-6100F) amping the speakers.

I was going to connect it to my other amp but it started to rain and we dont have garage so i gotta wait till it stops

Well I'd suggest doing that once it stops raining. From what I've heard, a popped sub just doesn't go as hard, but maybe doesn't go at all not sure. Sounds like somthing has deff gone wrong. What were you doing just before it fried if it has do you think?

try runing the sup out of your 4 channel to test it.

slowly do things like that to eliminate possibilities.

try runing the sup out of your 4 channel to test it.

slowly do things like that to eliminate possibilities.

Thats the plan ay, im working the day shift tomorrow so im going to head over to mums and use her garage to see if i can sort it out.

So i finally got it all sorted today. I hooked my brothers sub in and went good so it looks like a got a popped sub. Are they cheap to fix or would it be better just to buy another one?

What sub were you powering? To pop a sub you need to be blowing it at max. capacity full awhile, or several occasions, or the sub is just old. I won't recommend getting it repaired unless it was really expensive in which case it probably wouldn't of blown.

Buy a new one fo'sure, but not until you've sold your old one for $1 reserve on TM on a as is where as basis and you know no history on it ;P

Pioneer TS-W306C. Its maybe a year old altho I had it in my room for awhile cuz i ran outta money for awhile and couldnt finish it off. I have it going hard but too hard that it distorts or lose quality. I might have to put it my brothers car and see if it does the same but yea. Anyone got a 12" sub they wanna sell?

gutd, just buy a new sub:p buy another pioneer like you had they go awesome, or two, mega deals on trademe...if your patient

A mates an amp like you aswell, some dickhead, hu use to be our mate, blew up my mates hole system....the onli thing thats still alive is my amp! then again his jbl cranks even harder with mi lanzar 1000 watt amp, lets just say ne one in tha backseat dus not leave the car without a headache....its not a crap distorted sound either. this is hardcore bass that im talking bout....good for back pain lol