Sign in to follow this  
efirty

e30 stereo questions

I am a complete car audio n00b so here come my stupid questions: :(

1) I am wanting to know how to remove the standard head-deck from my e30?

2) Can I get a plug and plug loom for it (or something like that)

Cheers

Remove blanking plug each side of radio, behind are 2 allen key screws to undo -allen key or very small flat srewdriver will do, then just pull out. There will be no retro fit wiring adapters to suit that wiring loom. Need to identify & connect as required.

Good luck

Grant

If it is the actual factory one,the rewiring will be pretty straight foward.

Just make sure you unhook the negative battery terminal after you've found the 12v wire.

If it has the standard big black square BMW audio plug then you can buy a loom from Repco: BMW to DIN. You can then get another loom for DIN toyour stereo, or just cut off the DIN plugs and wire directly to your new stereo wiring loom

Wiring details are everywhere on the 'net.

Jochen

Thanks for all the help...

got the heady out no problem....simple as....jut gota put the headdeck in now....my mates doing that for me,

but my problem now is the standard from speakers, I had some beefy 350w 6 and 1/2s so I got my mate to pull tha trim off and try and install them, the onli problem is they dont fit!

Is ther a way around this problem, the main issue that my mate said was tht ther was a rather essential part of the loom going to some other space in the car affecting the speaker clearance, does anybody know what this group of wires is for, or a wae around tha speaker issue, ie some way to fit them rather than me hitting my mate up for a loan and buy some smaller speakers.

another issue being the carrozeria speakers n the back,dont no where them came from....should i replace them or find out how many watts they are and just re-run some thick gauge wire thru to give them a better flow of ohm through them

thanks for all the help.....