Sign in to follow this  
tHrEEtWoFiVe

Brake Light Waring Indicator??

Are we all having brake problemas at the moment. Mine isnt really a problem, after a while of driving the car that little LED light comes on warning reagrding BRAKE LIGHTS. The thing is the brake lights are still going perfectly fine. So is it that switch at the brakes or just a bad connection somewhere. Anyone else had this?

Guest Speedye30

No, this has never happened to anyone I know.

Sounds like a faulty switch somewhere maybe?

In my car when I start-up, the check flashes on the dash and the led for brake lights comes on. This goes away when the brakes are first used...

Everyone elses is the same?

hahah mines on too..... i got brand new brakes, well maybe 800k's old..... the sensors are dodgy, i'd say itd be that

No, this has never happened to anyone I know.

Sounds like a faulty switch somewhere maybe?

In my car when I start-up, the check flashes on the dash and the led for brake lights comes on.  This goes away when the brakes are first used... 

Everyone elses is the same?

yeah thats just to check your brake lights are working!

nothing to do with the brakes themselves

You have that check light flash when you first start the car, that norm.

On the little screen up by rear view mirror, there is a led for BRAKE LIGHTS (lights not pads.) Thats the one Im talkin about. Yes it does come on when you first start the car, but as soon as you touch the pedal it goes off. Mine comes back on sometimes after a while? :huh:

Edited by tHrEEtWoFiVe

i had a similar problem a while back, except my brake lights didnt work.....just near the brake pedal there are two connecter on a sorta switch thing....get down there and just check that they are on firmly...they really easy to knock off with feet or if ya just been fiddling down there

Guest Speedye30

hahah mines on too..... i got brand new brakes, well maybe 800k's old..... the sensors are dodgy, i'd say itd be that

he said brake-light led, not brake-lining warning lamp... :P

Guest Andrew

Mine does the exact same thing - usually after its been raining heaps - i tracked it to a little bit of water getting on the connector.

Although - I still occasionally get the problem.. and this is quite funny.. indicating left and changing to second - the brake bulb failure light comes on hah. No idea why - buggy BMW wiring.

Guest Andrew

Oh - I can post the Active Check Control circuit diagram if you want to have a look.

I had a similar problem ,the warning light would come on sometimes even though the lights were still working .Turns out it was a bad bulb .The glass part of the light had worked free of the metal fitting ,the bulb still worked but every now and then it would flicker.A bad contact ,even for a split second will cause the warning light to trip out

I get the same thing from time to time, although it's very intermittent - dash says CHECK CONTROL & the control computer says REFER OWNER'S MANUAL - BRAKE LIGHT CIRCUIT though I had my gf check & they were working fine. Definitely sounds like gmccormack is onto it..

gmccormack, I think your on the right track, I should pop em open and have a look. My god Im lazy, lololol

it's pretty much the easiest thing to do on an e30.

My brakelight led comes and goes as the bass drops :wacko: The connection on the rear-left brakelight is a bit dodgy and needs a tap every now and then.