Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Lips, spoilers and mtech 2.....

well....after dave lost my plastic lip on my front valance...ive been gutted and eyeing up other peoples ones but thats not my point...i was thinking about replacing it with a reiger infinity or the bmw se lip spoilers...very cool looking....but after having a think.....my front valance is pretty rough....why not get mtech 2? does the front kit just bolt straight on? and how do the fogs and stuff turn out? along with oil cooler? where would i get one from? (apart from bmw nz....i dont imagine that being cheap...having said that has anyone got a dealer quote??)...how much? let me know what u think....cos would make things easier if i can just cover it all up

whatever dave it was after that night at yours! that lip looks nightmare with parking....i was thinking of mtech 2 cos it covers my whole valance...(its a little...how you say...f**ked up)

this is what im thinking of....it looks like it goes straight over the top of everything...how much are they? and how would it be mounted? Homy...help a ***** out

post-8-1079751273.jpg

Guest Spargo

Thats a 2 piece bit, and replaces the bumper as well. Goes straight over the valance.

Guest Spargo

You need to remove the bumper, swap bumper covers, then leave it off.

Next, drill your holes in the metal valence to apply your 5 front clips for the front apron.....also, drill your 2 side holes (just in front of wheel well). Then attach your front apron by pressing it onto your 5 clips.

Next, put your bumper back on.....slide it onto the existing side brackets and then tighten it down with the two monster hex bolts (don't forget to re-connect your indicator lights).

doesnt sound too hard...where would i get that? so the apron is just clipped onto the valance...how secure is that?

Guest Spargo

Sturdy as f*ck. I've never seen an M-Tec II kitted car without a valance. But one sees regular cars with out an i lip all the time

Guest Spargo

They're a rip off from the $tealer, so i'd try england wreckers, or SD European / Mosen Europarts / European Auto Spares.

have to give that a go...prob wont happen for a while...but it will happen...cheers sam

Guest Andrew

have to give that a go...prob wont happen for a while...but it will happen...cheers sam

You can't stop there - also need the back and the side panels.. mm then you have a black mtech2 esirty.. yumi