Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

more newbie IPOD queries

I realised in a blinding flash that my OLD sony stereo has an AUX input on the back.Can i plug an IPOd into that?dont know what sort of plug it is.The stereo is the type that the whole head unit comes out of a "magazine" that stays in the dash.How the ^%$# does the "magazine" come out

i plugged my ipod into the factory headunit, put it back in as my nice pioneer doesnt have one, comprimise leaser output to have mp3, but im not a huge fan of crazy stereos so its cool,

you just need a stereo headphone to rca plug, about $10 at dick smith i think

Edited by nz320i

I realised in a blinding flash that my OLD sony stereo has an AUX input on the back.Can i plug an IPOd into that?dont know what sort of plug it is.The stereo is the type that the whole head unit comes out of a "magazine" that stays in the dash.How the ^%$# does the "magazine" come out

you have to bend the little tabs back straight all around the front edge of the mag holder thing.

your multi cd might be alr4eady using the aux input .

the cd player is out it skips and misses worse than an M30 with a stuffed dizzie cap.... <_<

i can sell you a nice brand new , jvc deck with ipod interface conection so you can stick your ipod in the glovebox and control it from the front panel of the stereo .

whaqts the lightingg colour?Is it a bling bling look or very sublte and understated like an e34 and owner?

Paul, all the sony headunits have keys to get the magazine out, i've got a set if you need to borrow them

whaqts the lightingg colour?Is it a bling bling look or very sublte and understated like an e34 and owner?

have one thats very clean look , and has the feature you can adjust colours to suit . 3 sets of primary colours adjusts from 1 to 10