Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Sub "pounding" in between songs etc

I gave my crappy fast and furious subs and lanzer vibe crappy amp to my brother today and we put them in his crappy Toyota Levin bla bla.

Only thing is,he got the amp on about half wayish and in between songs and like slow build up parts and when its paused etc,it just goes duh duh duh duh.

Whats wrong with them,or is it cos of the presence of so much crapness?

Chur.

Whats wrong with them,or is it cos of the presence of so much crapness?

Chur.

yep to much crapness the car couldnt handle, ha ha nah check all your wiring, the sub unit its self requires an eletrical signal to make that doof doof noise, that signal comes from your head unit, sent to your amp, which is getting power from the battery to send to the subs at a greater force, so id say look at your cable from your head unit to your amp (RCA cable), check it over completely, like inch by inch for cracks in the wiring or any defects, then look at your amp wiring, if you dont have any luck, swap head units, see if that works, easyist way to do that is just run the rca cable into someone elses car nearby, and if that dont bring any luck and you still cant find a fault in the wiring, i would have to blame the amp.

Other things to watch for is to make sure the amp has a good ground connection, and dont run the + power lead and RCA cable on the same side of the car as this has in some situations been known to cause interference (which can cause a hum noise).

had the same problem aye, kinda like a 'feedback' effect, +1 on check wiring, rcas can make a sound system...

We call that duh duh noise 'motor boating'

Caused by fluctuations in the power supply getting into the input of the amp

Make sure the earth connection is really good, and that the main power wire is man enough for the job.

Those subs draw a lot of power...

Yusss success.

Fiddled round with all the wires and they were all in good nick,no bends or anything...still was doing it so I thought it may be the RCA lead...to make sure I put in my RCA lead off my Drum module just to see if it would work and walah it did...so got new RCA lead and its sweet.

Chur for the help.

Check the ohm's of the subs. Can do that if its too low for the amp.

Yusss success.

Fiddled round with all the wires and they were all in good nick,no bends or anything...still was doing it so I thought it may be the RCA lead...to make sure I put in my RCA lead off my Drum module just to see if it would work and walah it did...so got new RCA lead and its sweet.

Chur for the help.

Sussed it..was the RCA cable's overall crappiness.Got a beast of an RCA from my drum kit on there and its sweet.

Chur

Yep.

Started at the beginning of form 2.

Ohh and not a n00b,electric kit is at home,acoustic at studio <_<

Yus go the drummers!

I started in form 1 then my bloody drum teacher left our school in form 4. <_<

Still play just don't get lessons any more.

That's how to do it...lessons take about 6 times as long to learn something "by the book" compared to if you just sit on a practice pad and razz it.

Sure Roger will disagree here.