Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

Em's buying an E30

Glad its working out for you Em.

From everything you've said, your new car should be a reliable, mint condition car, which I'm sure you'll treat well. NEVER allow a boyfriend to drive it. Young males and cars are the worst possible combination imaginable. They all 'know' they're great drivers (still laughing) and they all 'know' that the only way to drive a BMW is foot flat to the floor at all time. After all, if they wreck it, its not their problem - its yours. If you insure it so only you (and your parents) are the listed drivers, you'll have a perfect excuse to keep testosterone and your car parted.

Have a great new year and welcome to the slippery slope of car ownership!

Rog

Heya Rog

Yep I fully understand my parents being protective, esp Dad. I'm his wee girl lol.

BF -Hell no. Neither my girl mates. (Wouldnt dare put girlfreinds haha!) My mate has just got her restricted and a Mazda turbo, Rolled up to my place at 10:30pm, asked me to hop in and we were off. She tried to brunouts, then i got to drive so i drove back towards my place slooooowly, crazy girls.

Man i got sh*t today from all the guys in the workshop.. Bit of jealousy i think :(

Thanks guys, Heres some pics I managed to take today. Excuse the technician in the background. Mind you they are pxts off a phone and taken in rush rush because I am supposed to be working :P

post-377-1167887076_thumb.jpg

post-377-1167887149_thumb.jpg

post-377-1167887158_thumb.jpg

Edited by BMW POWER

Looks real nice Em, congrats.

Looks tidy, but get some bottlecaps or even better, weaves . And if your olds allow a 30-40mm drop.

Edited by Mike

Looks pretty good Em.badass.

Cut the springs,matt black,19'z,evo 5 body kit,front mount hand cooler...pimpin....even for you.baha good luck *****

Planned mods are weaves and a German plate.. No engine mods whatsoever.. or suspension.

And remember its not mine yet these are just pxts to show you guys whats in store

And remember its not mine yet these are just pxts to show you guys whats in store

Bloody hell Em, how long does it take to buy a car ;) Edited by martyyn

Planned mods are weaves and a German plate.. No engine mods whatsoever.. or suspension.

another mod should be to de-badge it, i did it to mine looks more clean and people dont know its a 316 from 1st look... :rolleyes:

Bloody hell Em, how long does it take to buy a car ;)

As long as he takes! Hopefully a BMW Inspection tommorow, could own it by Sunday but even that may be pushing it.

Edited by BMW POWER

sh*t ... just sold a set of 5 weaves and a 3:64 lsd too .... would of done them way cheaper for ya...

maccin

needs fogs, removal of snow blind in lower valance, and take off hubcaps to expose the badassedness that is - rancid steels

snow blind??? wtf? and it looks tidy as nice colour too. german plate and weaves will be so nice!

35% tint all round and 3 bimmersport stickers FTW

I think tints make the e30 look more modern.

snow blind??? wtf? and it looks tidy as nice colour too. german plate and weaves will be so nice!

that plastic cover in the lower valance which covers a hole. lots of euro stuff have them. my peugeot for one... and upon it's removal I picked up ALOT of extra cooling.... wouldn't b the case on one of these though I doubt.

silver fox's latest race car had one. I noticed it was lying in my driveway the other day, in 3 pieces, and that it's missing on his pictures, must say they look better without them though...

I think tints make the e30 look more modern.

I know its all totally subjective, but my opinion (not that my opinion means a damn to anyone except me) is that non-factory tints have a place on ricers - end of story.

On real cars - nah!

ymmv

This has been the strangest day of my life....Though some thing is telling me that its not the end... I'm just gonna ask once more, final closure, for myself. And I'll be happy.

Edited by BMW POWER

Edit:

Lyndon rang about an hour ago. He apologised profusely and sincerley, said that hes selling the car to a girl who hes worked with for a year, has done him favours and who is also a freind and said I can have the car for $3000.

So Monday afternoon it is getting booked in for a BMW Pre-purchase inspection.

If this goes well (Which im sure it will..flew through WOF yesterday) then the car is mine.

Pics will be up in rides section Monday night or Tuesday... HOPING all goes well.

God, I am so glad I'm not an adult. So glad.

So Im pretty much yay, but Im not 100% yay till the keys are in my hands.

I'd just like to thank Will for all his help with this E30, especially taking the time to talk to my parents and explain everything, your help has been very much appreciated, If theres anything I can do fo you (other than a rego holder lol) then just ask.

Before Edit: (Just to show the situation 2 hours ago)

Ok well just straight up, I didn't buy it.

Offered him $3000 but hes absolutely concrete on $3250.

He then stated "Its not for sale anyway"

So I got taken for a ride for the past 6 weeks of my life, probably a great work relationship is destroyed...

But I've learnt a couple of life lessons, god knows how many more are to come..

.... and the E30 hunt goes on.

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm still looking for an E30 remember - managed to talk my parents into it, if thats one good thing I've taken out of this event then Im happy.

Edited by BMW POWER

Well that stinks EM,

Not a good way to deal with staff, or friends.

Hope that you find a good car soon.

Hey Emma it sounds like a great car dont lose it over $250 [if you really want it]

Here's a negotiating tip: if you give him his price, try and get it on you terms [win/win trade-off] eg get him to hold the car for you [with a deposit] or stretch you the last $250 [payments or whatever]

Remember a mint E30 is rarer than the money you'll be giving him. Don't ever regret paying a little extra for a better car [time heals]

sh*t $3250 is cheaper than a paint job [on a free car] You are better to pay too-much,than too-little.

It sounds like he doesn't want to sell it [emotional attachment] , but offered it to you anyway as a favor

IF YOU REALLY WANT IT, go back and get it [everyone is flexible, not always in price]

Remember this: you never regret the things you do, only the things you didn't do!

GOOD LUCK & KEEP TRYING

Em - what a saga!!

Glad it (almost) resolved now.

I guess there's been some life experiences for you through this which you would have preferred didn't happen, but that's life...

Edit:

Lyndon rang about an hour ago. He apologised profusely and sincerley, said that hes selling the car to a girl who hes worked with for a year, has done him favours and who is also a freind and said I can have the car for $3000.

So Monday afternoon it is getting booked in for a BMW Pre-purchase inspection.

If this goes well (Which im sure it will..flew through WOF yesterday) then the car is mine.

Pics will be up in rides section Monday night or Tuesday... HOPING all goes well.

God, I am so glad I'm not an adult. So glad.

So Im pretty much yay, but Im not 100% yay till the keys are in my hands.

I'd just like to thank Will for all his help with this E30, especially taking the time to talk to my parents and explain everything, your help has been very much appreciated, If theres anything I can do fo you (other than a rego holder lol) then just ask.

Before Edit: (Just to show the situation 2 hours ago)

Ok well just straight up, I didn't buy it.

Offered him $3000 but hes absolutely concrete on $3250.

He then stated "Its not for sale anyway"

So I got taken for a ride for the past 6 weeks of my life, probably a great work relationship is destroyed...

But I've learnt a couple of life lessons, god knows how many more are to come..

.... and the E30 hunt goes on.

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm still looking for an E30 remember - managed to talk my parents into it, if thats one good thing I've taken out of this event then Im happy.

I payed $3000 for my 316, but its a manual...but then ofcourse i spent $$$ on it(lowering springs, bottle caps)

Hey Emma it sounds like a great car dont lose it over $250 [if you really want it]

Here's a negotiating tip: if you give him his price, try and get it on you terms [win/win trade-off] eg get him to hold the car for you [with a deposit] or stretch you the last $250 [payments or whatever]

Remember a mint E30 is rarer than the money you'll be giving him. Don't ever regret paying a little extra for a better car [time heals]

sh*t $3250 is cheaper than a paint job [on a free car] You are better to pay too-much,than too-little.

It sounds like he doesn't want to sell it [emotional attachment] , but offered it to you anyway as a favor

IF YOU REALLY WANT IT, go back and get it [everyone is flexible, not always in price]

Remember this: you never regret the things you do, only the things you didn't do!

GOOD LUCK & KEEP TRYING

Of course I want it - Hes come to the party and said $3000 whcih I am certainly willing to pay.

My parents don't even want to talk to him now, they will just get me my money (trustee acc) and then I'll sign the papers and negotiate cambelt if it needs doing....

Man I can't wait till Mondays over I hate sitting on the cliff wondering whther i'm gunna fall off or not so to speak lol.

Rog: Yep - Few life lessons learnt. Don't fuly tust anyone. Even if they are your "freind"