Sign in to follow this  
Guest hizza bizza

retrimming seats

Guest hizza bizza

Who here has had there interior retrimmed? Am Thinking of getting my seats done in vinyl at some stage and was wondering what what the damage for such a job is likely to be, any ideas anyone?

Also anyone got pics of their interior?

Guest Andrew

What kind of seat? It will run you around $400 at Supertrim in Wairau Park. Can be done a lot cheaper if you know someone.

I might be able to do it over winter....... why vinal? any reason? standard e30 seats about $150. ish each front and about $200. ish for th back seat, in vinal.

I have pictures of work i have done but they are all huge so i wont waste everyones time by posting them here, if you wana see some PM me, B.

hey killa b

i might need a re-trim to at the end of the year more wen i have my car but i think i want leather but yea vinyl sounds good too

hey killa b

i might need a re-trim to at the end of the year more wen i have my car but i think i want leather but yea vinyl sounds good too

Vinal is sh*t! il cover the seats in it, but wont be happy about it, it looks the part and is ok if you never have to sit on it. Leather is the best,

yea i do want leather, but its juts the money differance cos its like $800 for the front seats aye?

and like $800 for the back seats

and so yea thats like $1600

so i thought vinyl would b the cheaper option cos i want it done for new years

but i want to get the door cards done in matching vinyl and the parcel shelf and the dash dat would be wicked and most proberbly expensive

bimmerboy before you make all these plans.. think of the cash and how you can get it.. thats the sting in this one...

but get anything as long as its in leather....ahhh leather recaros.

*drool*

well i have the money side sorted once i get my car in amy or june ill save from then a bit at a time then by x-mas i should have about 1000 to start my interior with

too hard to find them 2nd hand

and getting them brand new would end out been close to the price of buying 2nd hand ones cos i know europart charge like $1500 just for the two front seats in leather 2nd hand

Guest Andrew

Why not find some 2nd hand leather seats.... They can be made nice again by redying etc

god damn it seats get painted not dyed! hah

yea i do want leather, but its juts the money differance cos its like $800 for the front seats aye?

and like $800 for the back seats

and so yea thats like $1600

so i thought vinyl would b the cheaper option cos i want it done for new years

Im pretty sure i can do it cheeper than that over winter. Il have to se the seats to give you a price, i'm sure i've written all of this before.

If you want to take out and put back in the dash i can recover it, you'll just have to fill any cracks first, apparently once you've taken the dash out of a BMW it never goes back in rite though.

The parcel shelf is easy and resonably cheep to do in either vinal or carpet.

Door pannels can be more of a mission to do but if you want them done i can sort it out for ya.

Like sic said it aint exactly cheep but a nicley modded car doesn't look rite with a f**ked interior does it ????????, B.

Guest Spargo

Blair, what about Suede? I'm loking to get a pait of Recaro SR's recovered in leather with suede inserts (for grip). Would ya be able to hook me up?

Edited by CiLK WuRM

Blair, what about Suede? I'm loking to get a pait of Recaro SR's recovered in leather with suede inserts (for grip). Would ya be able to hook me up?

Yeah bud i can sort ya out, not too sure about the suede tho, havent actually worked with that, but we have an excellant immatation stuff called macro-suede, apparently you can't even tell it's fake untill you see the back of it, thats only $50 per metre, or we have Alcantara, $300 pre metre if your feeling rich, both last as well as suede, apparently.

I can look into getting some suede if that's the way you want to go but i dont think that's too cheep either, B.

Guest Spargo

Awesome! I'll look into what i really want, as i'm getting a Suede Wheel / gearknob / handbrake ala M3 Sport Evo, so i'll want an interior to match.

Speaking of interior mods, who'd be up for a little project? (for $$ of course). Would require some skills with doing leatherwork. Killa B, something you'd be interested in or have time for?

sam you got my idea.......blair....could you do a steering wheel retrim? currently in vinyl....want suede...what ya reckon?

Viking : I would be interested but unless your gonna be in Auckland for a few weeks at some stage i think it'l be cheeper for you to get it done down there.

Gus: i can do it but i'd say it'd be cheeper to but a new wheel with the suede already on it.

Cilk wurm: let us know when you know what you want and i'l sort it out for ya.

hmmmm macro suede sounds good a nice headliner would be nice too mmmm

and suede gear boot and hand brake boot dat would b nice

hmmmm macro suede sounds good a nice headliner would be nice too mmmm

and suede gear boot and hand brake boot dat would b nice

Im re-doing my headlining pannel in macro-suede, il try have it done before the meet on the weekend. B.