Sign in to follow this  
Mikal

I've got no music

The other day i was driving with the radio on not even loud and the sound music from the front and rear speakers started to cut out. I thaught it was just bad reception until i noticed the sub was still going as normal. Sometimes when i start the car i have music from the front and rear but then it cuts out after a bit of driving and i'm left with just bass from the sub?

Any ideas on how to fix?

bad wiring?? check the splices and connections and see if they have come undone..or your headeck o the way out of the window

Edited by Docile

I've checked the wiring all the connections look fine. Since all four speakers in the car cut out at the same time i think it must be a problem with the head deck?

interesting, id take out ur headunit and put speakers right onto the back of it, than you know if its the wiring or the headunit, the original wiring in the e30s i thought was ok though,

ive lost all my lights on my factory headunit :angry:

From what I've been told, when installing your new audio, always use new wire and do it properly. What HU do you have, and who installed it?

My old neighbour installed the head deck he is a mechanic but had installed a few head decks. I'm still a little bit of a noob with car audio sorry what is HU?.

The rear speakers still use old wires but the front speakers are all new wires

nz320i Posted Today, 05:19 PM

id take out ur headunit and put speakers right onto the back of it

All the wires (power, ground, speakers...)go into one plug into the head deck. the RCA input/outputs for the amp/sub are seperate from this.

The head deck is a Pioneer DEH-P5750MP if that helps.

Edited by Mikal

I have found a way to solve this problem and improve my sound system, I will buy a 4 channel amp and run all the speakers off the RCA outputs as my CD player has seperate outputs for Sub, front speakers and rear speakers.

Problem solved. :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who posted advice.

Edited by Mikal