Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Diffrent styles of RIMS

Mayhem performance in town here has offered me a good finance deal on some rims, tyres, fitting, springs and shocks etc, so I thought what the hell .. the stilletos I wanted wont fit cause of the stud pattern, these advantis are farily new, nice deep dish and they look similar to some BBS wheels ive seen on the bimmers before, what do you guys reckon?

Cheeerrs.

[edit] the above rims are 18x8 - not sure if I should go for some nice 17s or 18s, what do you guys reckon?

post-1430-1164783782_thumb.jpg

Edited by joshnz

lol sorry, its a grey 320i, im not trying to rice it out by any means, just want it to look a bit nicer with slight lowering and some new rims - as im sure you guys know the standard ones arent that sexy

Those are the same wheels I'm putting on my E36 Coupe! $2600 with tyres right?

18x8 are what I'm going for. Check out the DTM's & Konigs at Magwarehouse, there's some hot wheels there.

Those look nice. Reminds me of Beyern wheels.

Btw, go for 17" if you want to minimise the loss in performance after you chuck on your new wheels. Lighter :)

As much as I would love it if you found another wheel haha...

If you're ever in Tauranga and want to test them out on your car for an hour or so.. Mine are sitting unused in my garage for the next 3 weeks or so until I've finished getting all the stuff I want sorted on the E36 done.

They're the 18x8 fitment with Dunlop SP Sport Max's

Edited by 318isCoupe

hey, wats the name of that style?

would like that on my e36 hehe

btw: where can i get my hands on some replica m3 csl wheels that would fit an ordinary 3 series? :)

Edited by Docile

How much of a performace loss do you reckon there would be wit hthe 18s on it? Not like the e36 320i is that powerful to start with ... plus I only use it for driving from palmy to welly and genereal crusing etc etc.

Its not going to be like driving a ford fiesta or some sh*t is it? or will it be real bad?

Wheels are going on tomorrow, as well as the LOW jamex springs i already had .. and my exhaust, and new KYB shocks all round, I priced up some bilstein shocks but they came out to be $1200 odd installed, so went for the next best thing. I'll try post pics up tomorrow night if I remember.

Far out, the wheels are better looking than I expected, glad I didnt get super low springs as I have a feeling I have already heard the rears rubbing a little bit lol.

post-1430-1165302465_thumb.jpg

post-1430-1165302524_thumb.jpg

post-1430-1165302565_thumb.jpg

18s dude, tyres are nankang 235/14 (is that all you need to know?) lol I know sweet f**k all about tyres and thier numbering system, damn the car handles so well now with the new springs and KYBs all round, mint!

235/14? Sure that second number is right dude?

Look good, I'm going to have the same size (18x8.5.. or do you have a narrower wheel?) on my Coupe with a little more camber in the rear eventually, on wider tyres (245's). Car's at the panelbeaters at the moment having the guards rolled and scratches touched up, bumper put back on etc but the wheels will be on after that! I'm not doing much to the suspension (maybe the front) as it's already on the m-sport bits which sit pretty low already (tucks the tyre on the factory 16's well up inside the rear guards). But we'll see once the wheels are on.

Car looks good man.

Edited by 318isCoupe

I'll look for the correct numbers tomorrow, the wheels are 18x8 .. might need to get my guards rolled out a little at the back, any idea how much that would set me back?

Depends on if you're repainting as well. Couple of hundred bucks.

18x8? Mine are definately 18x8.5.. Guessing they're available in different widths of 18's. If only I could get a staggered set.. would look sick.