Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

Crack down on boyracers

Yup - that road from Silverdale to Orewa is about as good as roads get for easy driving.

I was on that road at rush hour last Friday, and the traffic was pretty free moving the whole way from before Silverdale, right the way to Orewa. It just goes to show what a difference a good bit of road makes.

Sorry, this seems to be a bit off topic.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Fully agree with the save it for the track point, but being silly in a car can be as simple as burying the throttle on a slow wet corner on the domain drive this morming.... No victims, no real crime, and fun.

But on the other hand, illegal street racing. Crime, victims, and no real fun, only danger.

OT: i love that new motorway, Dave and Andrew will attest.....

just imagine if all the money collected was spent on making all new zealands roads 4 lanes wide and resurfaced, and driver training... instead of stupid ad campaigns and new police cars and speed traps...

Perfectly said..I couldn't agree more.

That is the way to lower the road toll, have decent first world roads, not the third world goat tracks that we currently have to put up with.

Cheers

hehe, yeah. I'm doing NZ Wars in History at the moment and SH1 from Auckland to Hamilton was dug in the 1860s by the poms.

What f**ks me off the most is when some c**ts in the fast lane and isn't using it properly. Sitting on the same speed as everyone else and blocking up the motorway. They should get pulled over, not some poor bugga doing 120 kays.

Take a look at some of the Autobahn driving video downloads. I've got one of an M3 ripping it down there, top speed and theres a car in his lane passing a truck. As soon as that cars pass the truck, it pulls over and lets the M3 pass. I'm f**ked if that happens often in NZ.

so true....how retarded would you have to be to crash on a road such as the road up to silverdale from the shore.....

I have had 3 accidents (in the last 7 years) on East Coast Rd between Northcross and Silverdale and blocked the road twice.................. you were saying gus ??????? Edited by Killa B

Guest Andrew

just imagine if all the money collected was spent on making all new zealands roads 4 lanes wide and resurfaced, and driver training... instead of stupid ad campaigns and new police cars and speed traps...

Perfectly said..I couldn't agree more.

That is the way to lower the road toll, have decent first world roads, not the third world goat tracks that we currently have to put up with.

Cheers

I kinda like the goat tracks -

Pretty much from the bombays to orewa is a decent bit of motorway.

sorry i meant the new motorway....not the old SH1.....thats a pretty cool road....but not as fast as the new one and a bit goat tracky...its all good

I have had 3 accidents (in the last 7 years) on East Coast Rd between Northcross and Silverdale and blocked the road twice.................. you were saying gus ???????

[tactful no comment] :D

this could be a lie, but i heard that some classic rich guy tried to clock a diablo on the new SH1 between ak and orewa before it was offically open, got caught and because it wasnt a public road yet most they could charge him with was tresspass... or so ive heard...

haha....rad....hmmmm...diablo + SH1= :D

Guest Spargo

What IS true (that I've verified) is the old bastard in a rosso red 360 Modena. He baits the boy racers and gives most of them a sound thrashing. He's there practically every weekend.

I remember one time when we had our 550M, he tried to race my Father and I. It was close, but we won! Yay. (boy racers story over)

haha...up along silverdale? im there most nights :) damn ferrari power....

What IS true (that I've verified) is the old bastard in a rosso red 360 Modena. He baits the boy racers and gives most of them a sound thrashing. He's there practically every weekend.

John Banks? :lol:

Banksy's is blue, I yell W***ker everytime i see it.

E for effort i say!

hahaha Ill admit to doing stupid stuff in ALL of my cars - every single car Ive owned (or is that "pwn3d" *sic?) has been sideways, in fact Ive spun every single one of my cars out (many times) I dont dare do it on busy days tho - thats just stupidity, but late at night on wide abandoned roads (if im on the road - otherwise its the track) i admit to having a bit of a play. Before I bought my Bimmer I had a '95 Nissan Pulsar GTi. It was front wheel drive, non turbo, factory LSD, factory front and rear strut braces, and it was honestly nuts for a bog standard 1800cc car. (to be totally honest, I miss it!)Anyway, I used to go out to the "illegals" every weekend, would participate most of the time (bit of fun - whoever said its not, i can assure you, its primo to just haul ass in a straight line and whip the sh*t out of someone in an Integra or somthing - call it testosterone(sp?) or what you will - I was addicted) Then I bought my bimmer... a "sensible car", a safe car, and a STYLEY as F*CK car! since then I havnt been to any illegal drags, havnt done as much stupid stuff, and even slowed down a lot. But that doesnt change the fact that the cops target the "boy racers" because the police perceive young people to be an easy target.

I cant talk for other cities but Napiers problem with "boy racers" is minimal, as far as I know the illegals still happen - but i dont know/care where/when.

Napiers biggest problem are the aging peter brock wannabes, who go get the latest commodore (clubby/ss/monaro/even fords) and drive them hard doing stupid stuff. The cops dont touch them because they are more of a fight - they have been around and know what they can and cant do, and are more likely to have an argument with the cop if they feel they are being ticketed unjustly.

My opinion is yeah sure - confiscate the cars of people who get caught doing stupid stuff, except the cops should be fairer and do EVERYONE! not just the easy targets - take the cars of the brock wannabes too. The amount of stuff they get let off with is astronomical!

Thats my 2c worth - the "boy racer" part of it is for me over - it doesnt hold interest for me anymore. Id much rather go play at taupo or manfield or somthing! Or for the straight line stuff i dont mind driving all the way to mere mere to have a race! :D

its scary how much the police rely on the younger peoples lack of knowledge to f**k people over.

in so many cases of parking tickets, no rego wof',s whatever, just writing a letter, not a whingy poor me letter, but an honest and confident argumnet, will get you off to no end.

also mentioning your a poor student dosent hurt... ;)

its true they hate a fight, especially a reasonable argument. so they just give up.

but as my last lawyer :unsure: said, if they want to get you they will, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Blair

Good post, everyone is equal - consistancy is the key in the application of the law

There can only be one Peter Brock....

The rest are pwn3d even before they start.

Dicks....

Cheers

Did anyone see Police 10-7 last night where that stupid bugga in a Silvia was doing donuts in some nature reserve, and got his car confisated?

Haha, he was nearly crying :lol:

Edited by E30_318i

Did anyone see Police 10-7 last night where that stupid bugga in a Silvia was doing donuts in some nature reserve, and got his car confisated?

Haha, he was nearly crying :lol:

haha if i saw him i would have teased him till he cried then smash his homo head when he does start bawling for being a pussy

muhaha.. harshness!!

Harsh...but fair

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...boyracer bitch

There can only be one Peter Brock....

The rest are pwn3d even before they start.

Dicks....

hahaha good call... brock wannabes and johnson wannabes (im sure hes like the ford equivilant or somthing) are as you said pwn3d before they get the car off the lot...