Guest Andrew

The Bimmersport Dyno Thread

Thats a quick M3 thats for sure, its interesting that your trap speed at the end of the 1/4 is slower than mine by 3mph but your total time is faster, I really need to sort my traction issues out lol. I need your drag radials!!

I have run 13.02 on goodyear eagle f1 street tyres, and 12.981 on kumho ecsta R comps, car is lighter now than last trip to drags, after new chip goes in, I will have to give it another run

What were you racing? Their trap speed was higher than yours, but they ran a 16.1!!!

I think it was a VL commodore turbo, he stuufed the start, heaps of wheelspin, then missed a gear..

Well guys thats good

I will dyno my beema in august, but it will do 500kw, it will also do a track run in august.

Watch this space.

Iam running a e36 2jz turbo - single turbo.

im looking at 650bhp n/a without the nos but out of 412ci small block v8...once its on the road.

i know the cars around the 1100kg mark hoping for the 10sec bracket. is my main target.

Just had my e30 M3 re-tuned and figures (at the wheels):

210.4 Hp @ 7132 rpm's - 122 mph

180 foot pounds @ 5305 rpm's - 91 mph

Gear ratio 4.1:1

(rev limiter set to 7800rpm's)

My scanner isn't working right now but Ill post the dyno plot + I video'd the tuning :)

Check out my showroom thread soon for the posted viedo etc

Laurence

^^ jealous. 210rwhp is crazy.

+1 thats awesome

Can anybody recommend BMW friendly dyno around auckland ?

I need to do couple of power pulls but also some steady state tuning.

Gavin, Hi Velocity, Parity Place, Glenfield 09 442 4451

Spose my car is worthy of this thread now too.

This graph reads at 261kw at the wheels (350hp). Spoke to my tuner on Friday and he rekons he got another 10kw out of the fine tune wont know till i collect the car so roughly 270kw at the wheels (362hp).

Posted Image

[edit] spelling

Edited by Boost Junky

Mr E34's 535is, stock N/A M30b35 engine/stock Motronic 1.3, running Map-Ecu2 piggyback in MAF elimination mode (no AFM, MAP based)

Custom fuel/timing map on BP Ultimate 98.

Long run stainless headers.

POWER @ Wheels 140.7kw (188.7hp), Dyno Dynamics roller dyno in Shootout mode.

post-1048-1252697429.jpg post-1048-1252697470.jpg

improved my 1/4 mile time yesterday, 12.924@108.64mph (174.83 kmh) no prep at all on strip because it was WRX club track hire, and they have fragile drivetrain +4wd, so no VHT

Posted Image

improved my 1/4 mile time yesterday, 12.924@108.64mph (174.83 kmh) no prep at all on strip because it was WRX club track hire, and they have fragile drivetrain +4wd, so no VHT

Posted Image

nice time man.

Whats been done to your car thats a pretty quick time

nice time man.

Whats been done to your car thats a pretty quick time

alloy flywheel, home made exhaust, carbon plenum and alpha n tune, and BMW motorsport 283* cams

Supercharged Lexus V8 with Harrop HTV1900 twin screw supercharger in e36 motorsport coupe, standard internals, 750 hp fuel pump.

Boost 9.8psi

236.5 rwkw

Running 95 octane with octane boost.

Quarter Mile not done yet.

post-3684-1279573748.jpg

Supercharged Lexus V8 with Harrop HTV1900 twin screw supercharger in e36 motorsport coupe, standard internals, 750 hp fuel pump.

Boost 9.8psi

236.5 rwkw

Running 95 octane with octane boost.

Quarter Mile not done yet.

just out of interest but why is the kw so low?

just out of interest but why is the kw so low?

I didn't know it was, my dyno tuner seemed to think that an 80 rwkw increase would be about right for the supercharger upgrade, it was initially 159 rwkw, There is one in a hilux running standard internals and 14psi and getting 270rwkws, mine is 9.8psi

Any thoughts?

I thought that gain was pretty good for a blower running that amount of boost?

Good stuff

I didn't know it was, my dyno tuner seemed to think that an 80 rwkw increase would be about right for the supercharger upgrade, it was initially 159 rwkw, There is one in a hilux running standard internals and 14psi and getting 270rwkws, mine is 9.8psi

Any thoughts?

You often don't see big power increases on 1UZ's with SC's compared to turbo'd 1UZ's.

There is a Supra in Chch (you may know it) with a 1UZ + Garrett GT40 and IIRC it is seeing ~250kw on 5psi.

Link to Lextreme (not sure if you need to be a member?)

I imagine the torque increase would be more significant over stock in your case??

One Q, how come the boost isn't near constant? Or does that only apply to a Roots type blower & not a twin-screw??

The boost curve looks more like that of a centrifugal SC

Edited by E30-323ti

ive done many turbo and superchargered 1uz to which is why i asked, the last one i did with a turbo at 14psi made 360kw stock internals.

you will lose some with the blower over the turbo but even at your boost level it should be making more, even n/a wer've making more than that but i guess in all fairness everyone does things differantly and please no one go on about roller versus hub dyno there shouldnt be bugger all in it if the correction facts are done correctly.

sorry got that wrong the owner said it was 12psi it made that power, cant give the turbo specs as thats up to the customer to tell but i will say its not that big well not in my books

sorry got that wrong the owner said it was 12psi it made that power, cant give the turbo specs as thats up to the customer to tell but i will say its not that big well not in my books

Thanks for your input guys, looks like turbo adds alot of power and changing my pully to increase boost is certainly one way I can achieve this. I know a guy in Auz that has the same supercharger and forged internals and big cam and is getting 304rwkw, desirable but a whole lot more expensive, I will have to wait a while longer for that.

Alll I know it has got great torque right through the rev range and instantaneous tyre frying power, while driving, no clutch required.

The TT 1uz I built made 350rwkw on 9psi on stock intenals, was an early middle sump crown motor.Garrett GT30/40s. I steered the owner away from supercharging as it didn't seem worth the effort. Your install is nice and tidy, I wouldn't be too concerned with max HP.Well done