Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Boring old E30 wheels

Hi all.

Looking to polish the lip of standard E30 14inch<?> wheels.

Would it be worth it and where (in Auckland) can you get it done?

How much also? (I can't hardly afford petrol let alone new rims atm) :P

Cheers in advance.

Pics would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by Cale

to give you an idea, i paid 450 all up for a place here in chch who do this a lot, to paint and polish my 3 piece wheels, so they take the tyres off, pull wheels apart and then do them, 30 bolts per wheel!!

Id say if the place was half reasonable it'd be for your wheels no more than 200 bucks??? at the most?

Cheers,

also those wheels look cool just painted real dark grey in the middle and left on the dish- may be cheaper and look cool! or do it yaself for 30 bucks

I had the lip (3inch) on some 15s done a we while ago and it cost me $200. that was with repair of some curbage to :rolleyes:

Mate I suggest if you can't afford petrol let alone to mags then get some p220 grit sand paper maybe p400 for closer to the finish and some autosol to polish it up and do it yourself. Will take a little while but just do it while you watch tv or have a beer with your mates and get them onto the other 3 while you do one. haha

Mate I suggest if you can't afford petrol let alone to mags then get some p220 grit sand paper maybe p400 for closer to the finish and some autosol to polish it up and do it yourself. Will take a little while but just do it while you watch tv or have a beer with your mates and get them onto the other 3 while you do one. haha

Sounds good to me. Not very knowledgeable about things like that so can you give me a little more detail about how exactly one would do this.

That would be awesome if it came up nice and shiny :D

Cheers.

Edited by Cale

start with like 400, 600 then 800 till you get to like 1000 grit sand paper (place makers) or till they go shiny, then buy some autosol (repco) and polish them, and they will be blinging bottlecaps!!

Sorry to hijack your thread dude.

But could you use the same steps as Chris mentioned above to polish the rocker cover and inlet manifold etc etc?

ohh and also Autosol FTW!

yeah to do the rocker i just sanded till rough and used filler primer and its gives smooth finish, and then used heat proof black paint - didnt worry bout heat proof primer ?? and sanded back bmw logo looks mint!! lasted about 8 months so far and still perfect! did about 2 coats primer and 2 or 3 black, you could bake for really good results but i didnt