Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Look - My Car is Clean

Hello

I skived off work early today and washed my car.

Here is the result afterwards.

post-6-1080195971.jpg

ahaha nice.

well its always good to be proud of something :huh::D

jesus thats a clean car. almost too clean... and you say you skived off... early? and its that clean??? that just cant be possible.

oh wait a minute, when you say you skived off "early" you clearly mean you didnt actually go to work at all, did you? :P

either that or you have an sweatshop workforce of young indonesian children with buffing rags to do your bidding...

:P

Guest Speedye30

Wow Grant.

Thats about the tidiest e30 around! Very original looking (is it? what mods?).

just wait till tomorrow grant...i got uni off in the morn....better check outside ya front entrance at lunchtime!

actually...looking at the pics.....no....even I dont have that much spare time!

Thankfully, the camera is very flattering to my car. The paint and bodywork is now starting to show its age.

However on the whole, I still think it is in pretty good condition for its age and its 170,000km's.

Speedy E30, on the outside it completely original with no cosmetic mods at all, however my car started life as an auto 320i, but an owner before me but a hybid 325e/325i engine into it (I'm not sure exactly what they did - it is all a bit of a mystery), however it has a cam in it that is not the best match (its HP peaks at 4,800 rpm's even though the engine is quite happy to rev higher all the way to its normal rev limit). It means that it has about the same HP as a standard 325i, however it has 243nM of torque (higher than standard). The torque runs in basically a straight line right from 1950 rpm's right the way up the rev range. At some stage I will get a cam that better suits the car, and this should lift its HP considerably and allow HP to keep building all the way to the rev limit..

About 2 years ago, I had it converted to 5spd from auto.

Inside it is original as well, except for the Momo steering wheel, and the leather E36 gear knob, and the stereo.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Damn clean Grant. Although, don't plan on keeping the "cleanest E30" title. I've got a little suprise in store.

I don't have a sh*t show. David Brace from the BMWCC wins that title hands down. His is immaculate in every single way. Unless you do a full nut and bolt clean and rebuild you will struggle to beat his one.

Good luck, I look forward to your surprise. :D

Cheers

im sick of your empty promises sam....show me the money

If it is a BMW colour, then it is the same as my old E30 320i. It is a really deep blue, almost purple when in direct sunlight. It was a nice colour, in fact their is a lamp post on Victoria Street, Hamilton that still wears the battle scars of the car being rammed into it at high speed by idiot drivers who don't know what a red light is.

I can't remember the actual colour name though.

It was a prick of a colour that showed every scratch badly.

RIP...

Cheers

Guest Spargo

No

No

No

Starts with L, ends with blau.

Also, as far as i'm aware, its a Euro only colour (oooo, clues!)

ok....

Here are two more...

1) Lapisblau

2) Lazerblau

I am running out of options..

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Thats got me thinking, we should compile a list of all bimmer colours and an appropriate pic, to be put up under articles for the main site. Good plan? I'm sure between us we'd be able to do it no sweat.