Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Hydraulic Headlight adjuster...

well...you know how some e30's come with the headlight adjust for when towing.....the one down by the drivers knee.....all my hydraulic lines have been cut....grant says its a common thing and is unfixable...however this means my right hand dipped beam is way too low.....is there any way to sorta bypass the hydraulic thing? and make it into a normal adjuster? other than a block of wood i just put in :D true rangi

behind the headlight unit. there is 3 screws that hold the thing on. turn these screws and that how youadjust them.

P.S dont scare off elle on wednesday!!! .......lol

yeah...the right hand dipped beam..instead of a screw has a hydraulic adjuster, that you adjust from the drivers seat..it controls up and down movement...i just feel its abit rangi having a block of wood there...im thinking of taking it out and replacing it with a screw adjuster...ellie...im not scary :D

Gus

Are you sure that it is because the hydraulic headlight adjuster has been cut in your car, that the headlights are at the wrong angle?

I just went and looked at mine (I cut the hydraulic mechanism out of my car as it didn't work, and couldn't be repaired) and I can still adjust my headlights manually with the screw mechanisms fine.

Are you sure what the headlight is mounted to is ok (i.e not bent?) Maybe you can use something under the screws in the headlight housing to alter the angle (like a couple of washers on the bottom screws between the headlight and the mounting)?

Good luck.

Cheers

well...there should be two headlight adjusters for each light with white plastic things on the end (all 4 headlights) but on the right hand dipped beam....mine has the hydraulic adjusting unit thing instead of the screw.....and that screw would be the one that adjusts height....so yeah...i cant adjust height (its permanently in the lower position)....washers seem like a good idea....really better than the wood....

can you retrofit the normal headlight adjustment screws to your headlight mounting area? This might be the best solution, and should be pretty easy to do (I would imagine).

Cheers