Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Bimmersport T-Shirts

Are the BS shirts screen-printed or heat transfered at this stage Ollie?

heat transfer technology is pretty good these days, and with the small runs we do it's the best value.

heat transfer technology is pretty good these days, and with the small runs we do it's the best value.

The short-shifter 'venture' never worked out as the supplier was a dumbass and it wasn't viable to import 500 E30 shifters!!!

So.... I'm looking into getting a vinyl cutter and heat transfer machine setup. I'm just shopping around right now, finding good priced suppliers for vinyl, shirts, machines, software.

Did you order any brollies when I saw you at that Small Biz Expo? I'd so tap a BS golf brollie right now!

I only recently found you can buy Siso Video Flex (vinyl transfer) to go in your plotter, the colours you can get it in is very vast including reflectives, metallics and fluros. Might have to try it out some time.

Also I advise if you are buying a plotter and programme to run it, dont buy off trade me, a friend of mine did this and found he couldnt get new blades or get it serviced in NZ.

I went with tried and true Roland with Flexisign, worth a crap load but never had any problems with it.

I only recently found you can buy Siso Video Flex (vinyl transfer) to go in your plotter, the colours you can get it in is very vast including reflectives, metallics and fluros. Might have to try it out some time.

Also I advise if you are buying a plotter and programme to run it, dont buy off trade me, a friend of mine did this and found he couldnt get new blades or get it serviced in NZ.

I went with tried and true Roland with Flexisign, worth a crap load but never had any problems with it.

Yeah thanks, I've been looking at all types. What size are the vinyl rolls width wise?

And as for programs, I've heard corel is tried and proven, agreed?

I dont know anyone that actively uses Corel for signage but the guy I got some business cards done from uses it. It looks really hard to use, all the shortcuts are wack and some things like selecting single items within layers can be a bitch. But bang for your buck it would be ok for somebody just wanting to whack some t-shirt stickers out. Vinyl widths genrally come 381mm, 610mm, 730mm(which is getting rare) and 1220mm. You can get digital media 1300+ mm.

adobe is the industry standard for design software and where everyone is heading. get your hands on the abobe cs2 suite it'll be cheap now that cs3 is out.

CS3 is also bloody cheap for what you get.

I got given CS2 and blowed if I can find a difference from CS!! Is it just more filters or what? I really only use it for it opacity function, lol

I got given CS2 and blowed if I can find a difference from CS!! Is it just more filters or what? I really only use it for it opacity function, lol

If you only use it for that then you won't notice the difference.

The biggest difference for CS3 is it runs properly in Intel Macs.

Hey what about those of us who don't have a credit card? I wanna BS t-shirt!

They usually have them at the major Bimmersport meets, used to take bank deposit i think?

Hey what about those of us who don't have a credit card? I wanna BS t-shirt!

email me directly - ollie@bimmersport.co.nz

lol yep, we get a lot of those in Norsewood! :lol:

where the hell is norsewood?

Hey ya, any girls t-shirts available?

Cheers

Hey ya, any girls t-shirts available?

Cheers

Girls? What's the diff - pointy bits at the front? :P

Are t-shirts still available to buy?

Cheers