Sign in to follow this  
Dnz

Hood liner

DTM has been having a discussion on removing it, for well..better sound.

Has anyone here done it? Only issue is wether its good or not - its been said that the e36 has had models without it there in the first place...

Anyone done it?

I already have my friends saying my car is loud.. hahah (when in fact its just louder than my ol' pulsar was)

tim has...but he has bonnet vents.....i would worry about the paint f**king up....but since im replacing mybonnet sometime i may do it to mine....ill be a guinea pig...

Guest Andrew

Its not for sound really - its heatproofing - It was removed from the 318 and the paint bubbled under the points which were closest to the motor.

Guest Andrew

Oh yes? Howcome *apparently* some e36's came without it?

did they? - who cares. Why would you remove it anyway.

ETK claims there is a sound proofing piece.. I can show you the picture. Can't be assed looking for heat proofing part.

foil tape

interesting concept - is that what they use at tinnie houses etc? haha seriously, I do know what you mean, we use it at work quite a bit - its trippy stuff a! :D

hmm the models that came with no shielding were probably

1.6L and/or 1.8L

...cant generate enough heat too scorch bread..let alone paint... ^_^

:P

just joking in case your the owner of one of the above mentioned N-juns

Mine is slowly falling to bits, and slowly disappearing anyway, I have thought about removing it and replacing it with foil tape, or just fully replacing it with a new one (should they be available at a reasonable price).

Cheers

Guest Andrew

Mine is slowly falling to bits, and slowly disappearing anyway, I have thought about removing it and replacing it with foil tape, or just fully replacing it with a new one (should they be available at a reasonable price).

Cheers

around 100 grant.

Guest WAGON

for some reason the left side of mine is missing :P but as of today no paint problems or anything well hope not :unsure: