Sign in to follow this  
shaun16

1991525i "Brake linings"

Ok so I have the above car, and when I first got it that would pop up every so often.

now it pops up before I even start the car- everytime. Is there A way to get rid of it? (disconnect it, rip it out etc) thanks :)

Edited by shaun16

get it fixed

Wow that was helpful.... not

Someone told me you can wire them together to stop them. They seem like a waste of time anyway

OK - bear in mind it is popping up because your brakes are worn. If you want to ignore it (or know better) then its dead simple to stop the light coming on.

Chop the wire and twist them together.

When you say 'pop' do you mean the light comes on the dash or the actual sensor comes out ?

Either way, if your sensor is knackered then buy some new ones, they are peanuts from the dealer and easy to replace. If its the pads that are knackered, dont mess about, get some new ones.

When you say 'pop' do you mean the light comes on the dash or the actual sensor comes out ?

Either way, if your sensor is knackered then buy some new ones, they are peanuts from the dealer and easy to replace. If its the pads that are knackered, dont mess about, get some new ones.

The brakes are fine, and dont need replacing

Im guessing when they guy got them replaced he didnt change the sensors though...

change the sensors?

built into the pads. They come with new pads

Mine does that too ('91 525i), ever since I've had it. Had the pads done a couple of times and it still comes up. I just check them regularly and ignore it.