Sign in to follow this  
Grant

First Time in the Flesh

Hello

I finally saw the new 6er in the flesh. It was on display in Pauanui along with a Z4 (not sure why really).

Here are the pics of it I took.

post-2-1081846720.jpg

got a hint of an S2000 in there me thinks!

well sort of

post-2-1081850158.jpg

nah not really at all... cept the fron shaping of the lights..

still *drool* over how nice this is (essecially for all you deep hard honda lovers like DNZ)

post-2-1081850254.jpg

Anyone saying they dont want it is lying.

Plus half the novelty is that not everyone can afford it.

Its no fun having the same as everyone else.

that is extremely nice... cheers for the shots Grant.

By the way - that was a nice shirt you had on when you took these pics - hahaha im joking - cant see it properly cos the curves of the car distort it!!! but my point is - DAMN! SHINY!!! :D

Guest Spargo

Grant, it's in Pauanui, becuase that's where most of Remuera goes to holiday (myself included)!!1!

DNZ, get over your BMW fetish man, its uber lame to think that there is a bmw to eat over other car on the market for breakfast! Sure the M-Coupe might beat an S2000, but then, an S2000 has an engine half the size, 2 less cylinders, and proably weighs and costs less!

ONTopic, that 645 has a major 4x4 ride height poroble. It hasnt been optioned with big alloys and M-tec suspension!

Grant, it's in Pauanui, becuase that's where most of Remuera goes to holiday (myself included)!!1!

and where some of us proud Waikato (I am unfortunately an economic refugee in Auckland) people go for their holidays too.

Cheers

They've got their target demographic down pat though, don't they!

Yup, car and people watching at Pauanui is always good for a laugh. It seems to be poser central a lot of the time, with people going there to be seen.

Me, I go there to get out of the city and relax, eat, drink and read. Oh and I like the drive there and back (except when the roads are busy).

Guest Spargo

I love the drive to Prescott's Garage to the waterways. We've had many a midnite "touge" up that road.

I only really go over new years, for the plentiful rich white remuera ghetto booty (hey i'm 19! Gimme a break!)

Any other time, its for mini golf and maybe a fish off the Alderman's.

Guest Andrew

Anyone saying they dont want it is lying.

Plus half the novelty is that not everyone can afford it.

Its no fun having the same as everyone else.

I definately do not want that overprice peice of fugly crap. Even if I could afford it!

I'll probably get to drive one soon when one gets traded on a new Range Rover Vogue (a much cooler car).

... and that S2K had some very serious Mods, seen him posting on the Nissan Silvia site quite a bit.

I test drove a S2000 one when they were newly released, and in stock form you really need to thrash it to extract peak performance. Redlines like a motorcycle. At the time it had the most power output relative to engine size of any street car. I think the E46 M3 is very close in relative terms.

For similar $$ I think I'd prefer a new RX8 than the S2K.