Sign in to follow this  
naughty bmw

'0E BMW'... another SR20det E30

mate beautiful car! if you dont mind me asking where did you get your front lights from?

cheers for that, got them off a guy ,eurolights' on trade me. they look cool but they are impractical at night, hi beam is a joke!!

Very nice car buddy, a lot of effort and hard work from the looks of things! But the finished product is worth it no doubt.

Makes the two Evo’s in your weeding photo look soft! ^_^

Hey scott, try www.bmw2002.com and look into getting the rear camber/toe adjusters to get square up you rear end. Also some coilovers with a decent spring rate might help the 'squat.' I noticed at skidfest the ass end looked like it was trying to hug the ground. Putting more strain on the halfshaft c/v's.

I know you like it low and changing to 5 stud etc will not really help to much, you need to get those halfshafts running as square as possible or they just keep going :D

nice, yeah looks good, funny how they are so alike tho. I like the brake conversion you have done, very nice

your talking about the booster in cabin?? yea pretty simple and works mint to. would recomend doing it that way but not if you like the glovebox space lol

Hey scott, try www.bmw2002.com and look into getting the rear camber/toe adjusters to get square up you rear end. Also some coilovers with a decent spring rate might help the 'squat.' I noticed at skidfest the ass end looked like it was trying to hug the ground. Putting more strain on the halfshaft c/v's.

I know you like it low and changing to 5 stud etc will not really help to much, you need to get those halfshafts running as square as possible or they just keep going :D

yea skidfest was a joke, i havnt been thru cvs so fast b4, they lasted longer at nightspeed drags and i gave it more sh*t there....

yea the whole rear is changing not just the stud pattern so bigger axils bigger everything but i know exactly what you mean tho. and yea iv sussed some coilovers with different spring rates availible that im going to import in also. those springs i have in the rear are way to soft, it doesnt even handle how it used to but they have been compressed so ...... thanks tho ill check out that site bro :D

Also Ive done some research and apparently you can get a r32 lsd housing with r33 nismo lsd internals to fit into the ass end of an e30. Got the guys number somewhere, hes not in Aucks but pm me if you want to give him a call.

Thought I had better pull the old girl out of the shed and finish her off. had it tuned over 2 years ago by Andre at Speedtech in Wellington, who did an awesome job!!

Its just been a summer crusier ever since

222kw @ the wheels @ 6242 rpm 16 pound boost

381 Nm of torque @ 5085 rpm

looking forward to spending time finishing the interior etc this winter

good to see someone that keeps there projects :ph34r:

yeah cheers guys. its been well overdue to finish it, having kids since we got married has put the brakes on spending time on it.

Keen to get it in 'performance car' mag if they are keen, it is the one thing i had always hope to achieve with it

Keen to get it in 'performance car' mag if they are keen, it is the one thing i had always hope to achieve with it

Hmmm wouldnt say its that worth it .. lot of hassle for just having it in a mag. They forget about photos and that free copy your spose to get you once they have their article. I got sick of chasing them.

Spend the time getting some professional photos and posting around some global forums, it will mean more !

Puts hand up to take photos

Agh, didnt see location :P

Edited by Josh_

Hey Travis,

if you want to get into Performance Car or have some nice photos taken il have a talk to Jason, (SIR E30) and he should be able to sort something for you of high quality.

Blair

Hmmm wouldnt say its that worth it .. lot of hassle for just having it in a mag. They forget about photos and that free copy your spose to get you once they have their article. I got sick of chasing them.

You never got a copy? that sucks. Next time im in ill grab you a copy :)

Hey Travis,

if you want to get into Performance Car or have some nice photos taken il have a talk to Jason, (SIR E30) and he should be able to sort something for you of high quality.

Blair

Cheers Blair,

Turns out my 'best man' is Dan Phillips who used to work and write for perf car couple of years back. He is keen to write the piece and get the photos done and submit it to the current editor to see if its worthy enough.

Cheers tho bro, your cars looking good to man, loven the rims

Hi, just thought i would update where the old girl is at at the moment.

Its been under wraps for far to long, just over a year actually with no use, so out it comes again to carry on.

I have got some new seats, carbon kevlar autosports which im currently fitting, remounted the microtech, and trying to get the inside a little tidier.

and also fitted the PWR oilcooler.

planning for rear platforms and a few extra twecks to make it look nicer a sit low

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by naughty bmw

i was just having a look thru your pics and write up again, iv just rebuilt mine into another body (f/l e30) with more upgrades and bit of a different look, not quite so much twins now but close :D

nice to see the finished product even tho things are never realy finished haha.

What was the end hp/kw with the engine rebuild? or was it what was mentioned in previous post?

you end up getting in pc mag?

i was just having a look thru your pics and write up again, iv just rebuilt mine into another body (f/l e30) with more upgrades and bit of a different look, not quite so much twins now but close :D

nice to see the finished product even tho things are never realy finished haha.

What was the end hp/kw with the engine rebuild? or was it what was mentioned in previous post?

you end up getting in pc mag?

yeah havnt replaced the head yet which is whats limiting the tune, i have a spare tho. time / $$ will keep it as is for now. Still got 222kw at the wheels tho, lots of fun!!!

you are right tho, it never really gets finished. im hoping for 98% completion by summer, then pc mag hopefully..... if they want it that is?

good to see you still have yours.. sort of :)

Latest update end of page 5 :)

Hi to you all, it is now time to share my 5 year struggle with you all to enjoy and pick at..

I purchased my 85' E30 320i Auto BMW in May 2002 from a wreckers in auckland in the plan to have a cheap runabout on the road so I could use the rest of the money i had from selling my MR2 turbo to buy a house..

Once the house had eventuated, i proceeded to manuel it, lower it and start to paint it and add the token chrome wheels which were huge at the time (back in the day)

But as soon as my mates started drifting i had to have in and imported a drifter from japan and unfortunately the bmw found itself parked on the lawn under covers, half preped for painting.....

After the drift fad wore off, i parted out the 180sx and my mate said... 'why dont we put that motor in the bma'... and so the sagger started.

Decided to head overseas for two years not long after that decision, so mad rush to get the motor mounted and paint finished in march 2004 and jammed it into storage. I dusted off the cobwebs last year (2006)to carry on with it.

Now i have ten weeks to finish it, to usefor our wedding in may, so wish me luck..!!

Enough of the bma's life story on with the details...

85 E30 320i four door

S13 SR20det conversion with s13 gearbox and 5 puk clutch and short shifter.

Custom one peice driveshaft, gearbox mount, 3 inch exhaust with notched subframe.

325i rear trailing arms, axles and discs/rotors.

Custom solid mount subframe with camber and toe adjustment with nolathane bushes.

E30 LSD!! skids on!!

Shortend struts and rear jamex springs.

Custom adjustable front coilovers and custom camber plates.

4 pot front wilwood dynalites with custom brackets (thanks to darren, aka SITDWN)

Custom cut brake pads.

boosterless pedal box with wilwood twin mastercylinders and in cabin adjustable brakebias (should have that back this week hopefully to mount in)

I had bolt on spacers to convert from 4x100 to studded 4x114 to use 16x7 and 16x8" 35 offset wheels to clear the front coilovers (this spacer and wheel set up can be for sale) but have canned those in favour of custom built ROH wheels with crazy offsets and in 17x7 and 17x8 (these are below, silver with dish). hense also canning the chromes which are now on my wagon..

These r the old 16's with spacers

post-1049-1173336765_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336839_thumb.jpg

Microtech LT10 with Dash unit and microtech coils and ignighter. to be wired still.

Hybrid GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbo top mounted on SS manifold

32mm external wastegate, plumbed back into custom 3 inch down pipe (nice and legal).

Custom 2.5 inch intercooler piping and front mount intercooler, blitz bov, small pod filter.

Aftermarket bmw bodykit (sorry dont know what sort) fixed and modified to my liking, yet to be painted.

Sideskirts.

Bear metal respray (due to old paint crazy cracking) with 7 layers. sorry will not devolge colour, haha

Aftermarket black backing halo headlights and soon to have smoked out rears and indicator set.

Surge tank with bmw low pressure pump to feed tank and airtek 500cc pump to feed rail.

Sard fuel pressure regulator and braided fuel lines, front and rear anodized fuel filters

New power steering, oil and water feed lines all with lots of anodized fittings.. dam sexy stuff

Chrome radiator, power steering, and oil catch tanks.

14inch electric fan onto sr20det radiator.

Rear strut brace, battery in boot and kill switch.

WRX seats and momo steering wheel

Changed the door cards to black (were tan, interior pretty standard for now)

Im sure there is other stuff but cant think of anything more, like new fuel tank, and other bits that were f..k.d up from the previuos bmw killer.

Running out of money.... help!! haha

Donor car post-1049-1173335795_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173336589_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336910_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336979_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337044_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173337216_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337315_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337391_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337429_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173337504_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337539_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337586_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337639_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173337735_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337771_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337800_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337948_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173337985_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173338022_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173338071_thumb.jpg

I do enjoy a picture heavy build thread, very very cool dude! It's one of those cars you'll never be finished with, always something else you'll wanna do! Awesome build!

Thanks e30morgs, yes i always look at it and think of new things to do, but times the biggest restraint now.

Funny looking back at that first post tho, so not clued up on anything e30, not like now anyway.

Will have it almost finished this summer (said that a few time now over the years) so i will put decent photos up then

Just an update on the BMW. Finally decided to finish finish it!!

The car has spent the last year three years in and out of the garage with really no progress except the race seats being fitted.

This last few weeks have seen repairs for the wof, and interior making its way back in.

I have bead blastered back the catch cans and painted them including the tappet cover bolts. RePolished the shiny bits in the boot and fitted my dash mat and glovebox etc

Will keep you updated on the further mods i have planned real soon

gallery_1049_482_1152179.jpg

gallery_1049_482_526122.jpggallery_1049_482_110186.jpg

Edited by naughty bmw