Sign in to follow this  
naughty bmw

'0E BMW'... another SR20det E30

Latest update and pics end of page 5 :)

Hi to you all, it is now time to share my 5 year struggle with you all to enjoy and pick at..
I purchased my 85' E30 320i Auto BMW in May 2002 from a wreckers in auckland in the plan to have a cheap runabout on the road so I could use the rest of the money i had from selling my MR2 turbo to buy a house..
Once the house had eventuated, i proceeded to manuel it, lower it and start to paint it and add the token chrome wheels which were huge at the time (back in the day)
But as soon as my mates started drifting i had to have in and imported a drifter from japan and unfortunately the bmw found itself parked on the lawn under covers, half preped for painting.....
After the drift fad wore off, i parted out the 180sx and my mate said... 'why dont we put that motor in the bma'... and so the sagger started.
Decided to head overseas for two years not long after that decision, so mad rush to get the motor mounted and paint finished in march 2004 and jammed it into storage. I dusted off the cobwebs last year (2006)to carry on with it.
Now i have ten weeks to finish it, to usefor our wedding in may, so wish me luck..!!
Enough of the bma's life story on with the details...

85 E30 320i four door
S13 SR20det conversion with s13 gearbox and 5 puk clutch and short shifter.
Custom one peice driveshaft, gearbox mount, 3 inch exhaust with notched subframe.
325i rear trailing arms, axles and discs/rotors.
Custom solid mount subframe with camber and toe adjustment with nolathane bushes.
E30 LSD!! skids on!!
Shortend struts and rear jamex springs.
Custom adjustable front coilovers and custom camber plates.
4 pot front wilwood dynalites with custom brackets (thanks to darren, aka SITDWN)
Custom cut brake pads.
boosterless pedal box with wilwood twin mastercylinders and in cabin adjustable brakebias (should have that back this week hopefully to mount in)
I had bolt on spacers to convert from 4x100 to studded 4x114 to use 16x7 and 16x8" 35 offset wheels to clear the front coilovers (this spacer and wheel set up can be for sale) but have canned those in favour of custom built ROH wheels with crazy offsets and in 17x7 and 17x8 (these are below, silver with dish). hense also canning the chromes which are now on my wagon..
These r the old 16's with spacers
post-1049-1173336765_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336839_thumb.jpg
Microtech LT10 with Dash unit and microtech coils and ignighter. to be wired still.
Hybrid GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbo top mounted on SS manifold
32mm external wastegate, plumbed back into custom 3 inch down pipe (nice and legal).
Custom 2.5 inch intercooler piping and front mount intercooler, blitz bov, small pod filter.
Aftermarket bmw bodykit (sorry dont know what sort) fixed and modified to my liking, yet to be painted.
Sideskirts.
Bear metal respray (due to old paint crazy cracking) with 7 layers. sorry will not devolge colour, haha
Aftermarket black backing halo headlights and soon to have smoked out rears and indicator set.
Surge tank with bmw low pressure pump to feed tank and airtek 500cc pump to feed rail.
Sard fuel pressure regulator and braided fuel lines, front and rear anodized fuel filters
New power steering, oil and water feed lines all with lots of anodized fittings.. dam sexy stuff
Chrome radiator, power steering, and oil catch tanks.
14inch electric fan onto sr20det radiator.
Rear strut brace, battery in boot and kill switch.
WRX seats and momo steering wheel
Changed the door cards to black (were tan, interior pretty standard for now)

Im sure there is other stuff but cant think of anything more, like new fuel tank, and other bits that were f..k.d up from the previuos bmw killer.

Running out of money.... help!! haha

Donor car post-1049-1173335795_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173336589_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336910_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173336979_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337044_thumb.jpg
post-1049-1173337216_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337315_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337391_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337429_thumb.jpg
post-1049-1173337504_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337539_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337586_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337639_thumb.jpg
post-1049-1173337735_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337771_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337800_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173337948_thumb.jpg
post-1049-1173337985_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173338022_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1173338071_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1173336706_thumb.jpg

Edited by naughty bmw

Hey Dude

Im not a huge fan of "unnatural" conversions myself, but thats just the way I am, But i really appreciate all the time and effort that gone into this conversion. The final product is looking fantastic and by the looks of things will perform as well as it looks.

Well done!

Emma

dude, im loving this. its so much like mine yet different. i like the way you have gone about things.

what wheels did u end up choosing?

dude, im loving this. its so much like mine yet different. i like the way you have gone about things.

what wheels did u end up choosing?

haha yeah it made me laugh when i seen it on here last year, they are like E30 twins!

Sorry yeah didnt make the rims that im using very clear, i have edited it now so hope it makes more sense.

Chromes i bought first, white 16"s 4x114 with spacers second .

now custom 17"s in shadow chrome and dished, 17x8 rear with 3inch dish and 17x7 front with 2inch dish and 4x100!

I couldnt upload your pic of your car, would love to see a new pic of it to date, looking mean and shiny!!

SERIOUSLY so badass.

I feel a dirty turbo e30 race coming on. Lets all hit up nightspeed.

Thats really nice mate, congrats

Why on earth did you part out the 180? Looks like it was a Type X too? Now I got $18K for my old Type X 2 years ago. Did you smash her up?

I have another Type X 180 now. But I could never pull her to bits to put into the BMW. Hell the SR is worth 5X my BMW as a whole. Haha

Does look good though. Should be well balanced.

Awesome work! I love it.

yeah would be good to see some pics of your car too jared, i wasn't aware that you'd finished it?

Hey guys.. and girl..

Sorry about the delay in replies! have been to busy trying to finish the bma.

Thanks for the support and comments.

It has come a long way since i posted the last pics and have taken more pics but havnt the time yet to post more..

but soon, it will be worth the wait i can asure you.

couple of hold ups.. pedal box and wheels.... cutting it fine now for completion

cheers all again

TC

fan freakin tastic, what a huge amount of work, and you can see you pooured your heart and soul into the end product..... because it looks f**king awesome :D

Oh dear bro! That was me today on the one way that was in the black E30 you waved to :D Never would have guessed that there was an SR under the hood of that thing! What a mint setup bro loving it hard! That paint looks even better in real life haha. You gonna have to take me for a boost when that things going, mean SR bimmer in NP lol!

Top effort bro loving it aye B)

Oh dear bro! That was me today on the one way that was in the black E30 you waved to :D Never would have guessed that there was an SR under the hood of that thing! What a mint setup bro loving it hard! That paint looks even better in real life haha. You gonna have to take me for a boost when that things going, mean SR bimmer in NP lol!

Top effort bro loving it aye B)

Sick bud, your car is pretty phat also, love the fact that it is so black and stealth!! a good clean example of how the e30s should look! you should post some pics to cause people on this would want to see it 4 sure!!

Got the sr running yesterday, few little ironing out problems but got it running mint on the factory microtech map.

Pedal box turns up wednesday and should have it drivable by the weekend.... heres hoping anyways!!

You should see me rolling round in 2 weeks so keep in touch and come check it out then, just too dam busy with work etc at the moment.

Cheers 4 the appreciation tho aye!!!

Hah cheers man! Mines along way from where yours is tho! Definitely needs a different motor. But yea definitely looks alot tidier and clean compared to when i first took her over from Dad lol. I have got pics of it up here: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....45&start=45

Oh mint its running thats good news. Tunning is such a big issue good to hear the tune is sweet, my turbo teg had a basemap that a friend made and it never ran right was too rich so never got the full capabilities out of the car. Thats the one most important thing I will be addressing when I put another motor in mine. Are you going to get it tuned on a dyno?

What pedal box are you using? Custom or E30? Didnt expect for you to have it all going so soon haha all certed and registered/WOF etc?

For sure man ill keep in touch and keep an eye out for ya, flash ya down lol!

No worries man keep up the good work! B)

Progress pics to date... wedding two weeks tomorrow so got we bit to do 4 it to be sorted. pedal box still hasnt arived but it is on the couriers up from chch and am promised it 1st thing monday morning!!

Im confident we we will make it in time!!

post-1049-1178275532_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275557_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275575_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1178275588_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275600_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275621_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1178275636_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275647_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178275661_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1178275677_thumb.jpg

Dude, its beautiful, top job, looking great.

Cheers guys appreciate the comments!!

Pics of the engine bay to date, spent the day tyding it up etc, clamping fuel lines, making brackets for leads & catch can, avrc solinoid and vacuum hoses etcetc

post-1049-1178357409_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178357421_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178357442_thumb.jpg

Oh and a few changes, had to use tilton 'short' master cylinders in the pedalbox to clear the front strut and have opted for the Apexi AVC-R boost controller instead of the trust profec b2 i had plained to buy.

Had to pull the platforms apart on thursday to, and extend them by 30mm as i didnt have enuf adjustment upwards to get better ground clearance as it just sat 2 low in the front... (1st time i have ever thought something was too low!!) so after a night of grinding and welding it sits mint now... so they get crack tested monday and back on wheels again!!

Edited by naughty bmw

Whoa just whoa! what kind of brake booster are you using?

All I can say mate is Jealousy haha! Btw just a quick note on the air filter, my boss told me a few weeks back that the mushroom HKS style pod filters tend to pull apart therefor slowly dispenssing small foam particals into your turbo, he seems confident that they cause damage, whether he is right or not? Anyone able to confirm this?

Be good to see it all going for your wedding dude, congrats on the hard work and effort looks well worth it!

Keep it up