Sign in to follow this  
naughty bmw

'0E BMW'... another SR20det E30

Whoa just whoa! what kind of brake booster are you using?

All I can say mate is Jealousy haha! Btw just a quick note on the air filter, my boss told me a few weeks back that the mushroom HKS style pod filters tend to pull apart therefor slowly dispenssing small foam particals into your turbo, he seems confident that they cause damage, whether he is right or not? Anyone able to confirm this?

Im running no booster, just tilton mastercylinders, one for clutch, one for rear brakes and one for front, with in-cabin bias adjuster. and it will all be mounted engine side of the firewall infront of the driver. All fabricated to the bmw pedal box.I have gone that way to eliminate any chance of heating the brake lines etc and to have lots of room to top mount the turbo and have a good flowing exhaust and waste pipe. You just end up with a stiff pedal, but 'Les Hunter' has allowed for more pedal travel by the piston size and pedal ratio, and line pressure valves, so to create a softer pedal, so heres hoping for that!!

As for the air filter, i want one of the apexi ones (red and black) to take one more colour out of the engine bay, may sound a bit gay, but i just want to keep it as clean as possible, as there is enough going on in there.

but cheers for the heads up on that 4sure!!

hey man i love what u have done to this car looks great! i was wondering what the colour was called as im keeen to paint mine the same colour,.. cheers.

Well im happy to say the e30 has basically been finished. I managed to get it going and presentable for our wedding day. and this is the first cahnce i have had since we have been back to post what i have of it up.

The pedal box turned up two weeks out from the wedding so we fabd that in quick smart and got it ready for driving. took it in to get the lines all done, new rear lines and all new front lines from the mastercylinders to the caliperes including braided lines.

a few teething probs on start up, like blown fuel pump and couple of dumb things i wont mention and we were running.

but a week out from the wedding the turbo blew on the saturday b4....... oh f**kn sh*t may have been heard across the nation at that point, but with the help of my bro in law and steve murch (turbo guy) we replaced the cheap and nasty tawanese special with the real deal garret gt28rs and parted with a few more of the foldings again.....

other than that all went pretty good and we had it running late thursday night--morning b4 the wedding on saturday (may 07 this was by the way)

Since i have been back from the honeymoon i have got it certed, recomplienced, wof and rego so im all legal.. (unlike the on wedding day)

Now im just waiting to buy some cams and injectors and send it to speedtech in wellington to get it tuned asap. and finish putting little things back on it and the interior.

We have been driving it in the weekends and its great, needs the tune bad tho, and gets 7-8kms to the litre... so not so good

Looking forward to a road trip north to aucks and beyond!!

post-1049-1185961154_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961176_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961190_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961205_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961220_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961237_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961252_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961265_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961283_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961339_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961359_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961392_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961316_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961486_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961502_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961518_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961537_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961552_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961565_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961586_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1185961604_thumb.jpg

post-1049-1185961617_thumb.jpg

Edited by naughty bmw

OMFG!!!!! that is sooo farken hot well done man im impressed.

if you ever put a for sale on that look me up.

although i know if i put as much blood sweat and tears into somthing of that level id never part with it.

Edited by btccm3

looking fantastic, nice work!

Year thats really nice mate, very nice tastes

Thanks guys, most appreciated..!

Im still a little unsure about the look of the side skirts, as im unsure if they really go with the front and rear bumpers, but i willwait and see what it looks like when i drop the front a little bit.

Just happy its going after 5 years of waiting!!

OMFG!!!!! that is sooo farken hot well done man im impressed.

if you ever put a for sale on that look me up.

although i know if i put as much blood sweat and tears into somthing of that level id never part with it.

Ha.... yeah sorry, will never be for sale.. once ive boffed it into a curb or into a fence i will cage it and use it as a club/targa car just for fun

i like what youve done with the pedal box

if you had the mtech 2 sides it would look heaps better, maybe with an mtech one lip spoiler too on the back.

i preferred the old wheels too, but i really like it, really nicely done!

whats the details on the coil overs, and how did you actually do the brakes on the right side, unboosted if im right??

i like what youve done with the pedal box

if you had the mtech 2 sides it would look heaps better, maybe with an mtech one lip spoiler too on the back.

i preferred the old wheels too, but i really like it, really nicely done!

whats the details on the coil overs, and how did you actually do the brakes on the right side, unboosted if im right??

Yeah i have the side skirts for the two door, as the wrecked kit i have is from a two door. but i would have to fully rebuild them to suit, which i will eventually do i guess.

No spoiler tho, not a fan of the spoilers on them. the more simple the better!

Coilovers are custom. I got some jic's off a '97 toyota camry and they sleve perfictally over the e30 strut. and im running 5000pound springs in them. they ride mint as, better than the evo 4sure.

Brake system was a mission, as i was so unsure of what to do. this set up was best for later on when i will use it 4 race and track. Les Hunter from chch built the whole setup from my original pedal box. the tilton boosters were used as they are the shortest out there to miss the strut tower. He grafted the balance bar thru the brakepedal so i have in-cabin adjustable brake bias control to font and rear. there obvioiusly isnt a booster so to create a softer pedal feel he worked out the right pivot point and cylinder size for the 4pots and with the 2 pound line pressure valves it works mint for a street car and is easy to brake, just gotta push harder.

Dont expect change from $2500 for the box built complete with the brake and clutch cylinders tho........ un fitted!

Hope that helps??

Looking absolutely amazing man! Glad to finally see it in a finished kinda form. Where did you get the dual tip muffler by the way? I think they have them at TMR or whatever its called now

Well its been a while since the bma has gone and an up date on things that have been going on, so thought i had better get busy again,

The cars been apart since the wedding and has had new tail 38mm wastegate (as old one jammed.. cheap rubbish)

got some new 260' tomei cams, nizmo 555cc injectors and tomei rocker arm stoppers.

Its all installed, i just have to paint my rocker cover and she wil be all go again !!

Oh and some wanky smoked tail lights also.

Will post more and better pics once complete....

post-1049-1208490202_thumb.jpg

Edited by naughty bmw

sounds good mate hafta go 4 a cruse 1 day with luke and i when my cars finished. wel get left behind!

did u see it today at matts? haha

Yeah i did, hes doing a mint job on your kit, should come up pretty nice. Your car is in good nik, i was tempted to pull your 'crack-less' dash out haha

haha it shud be mint only 83k on the clock, just get a dash mat then tre cracks will go away

Super Glue ftw ahaha not! Looks just as good as ever man thanks for letting me go for a small drive in it only after 10mins of having it running lol! Like blair said we should have a meet/cruise/photo shoot sometime. After i have finished with mine B)

Ordered my turbo and got my link G3 today so wont be far off :D

Be good to see u out and about rolling again, and you blair... hopefully my dodgy manual conversion skills dont get the better of ur car lol!

Luke

hey bro, i gotta quesion for you...

how is the rear end holding up on your car? i think its just the 5puck clutch setup with the 750kg nismo pressure plate i have thats causing me to go thru cvs etc like butter but just curious.

i seem to be the only one realy going thru this problem haha.

looks nice and staunch bro im realy liking it ay

how is the rear end holding up on your car? i think its just the 5puck clutch setup with the 750kg nismo pressure plate i have thats causing me to go thru cvs etc like butter but just curious.

Ive blown 3 cvs bro i think they are just weak well the 318i ones anyways

Upgrade to 325i ones, i dont have any issues (yet)

Exactly what drifty said aye, i have had no worries with mine at all, they certainly are bigger than the 318 and 320 ones!

I have the puk clutch etc also and she hasnt failed me yet, but it still is early days and there is more horse's to come yet..

Thanks for the comments aye, and wil keep progress posted and i hope to have the old girl back on the road in a couple of weeks. so look out for me you NP boys and we will catch up.

Would be keen to see some pics of your car 'IPLEZR'

iv been thru 7 cv's in 4 months and on my 3rd diff but its holding up ok.

if i rev over 3500rpm and dump it 4 a skid its garenteed ill break a cv lol sorting it now tho

Exactly what drifty said aye, i have had no worries with mine at all, they certainly are bigger than the 318 and 320 ones!

I have the puk clutch etc also and she hasnt failed me yet, but it still is early days and there is more horse's to come yet..

Thanks for the comments aye, and wil keep progress posted and i hope to have the old girl back on the road in a couple of weeks. so look out for me you NP boys and we will catch up.

Would be keen to see some pics of your car 'IPLEZR'

i have pics here if you want to have a look? http://www.bebo.com/IPLEZR

nice, yeah looks good, funny how they are so alike tho. I like the brake conversion you have done, very nice