Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Sunroof - slide vs tilt

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but as far as I can tell the sunroof on my E36 only slides, though I'm not convinced it's not supposed to tilt as well - are they supposed to do both or do they only ever do one or the other? If I press the close button when the slider is fully closed, the bottom panel of the sunroof slides back by itself in such a way that makes me suspect that that might be a "tilt" setting.. :blink:

Edited by a13antichrist

Guest Spargo

Yes, when the front opens, and their aint sky to be seen, you're in tilt mode. Look outside the car when you do it, nice big tilt!

sucks to be an e36 owner....with tilt cant see sky! go the e sirty!

But tilt is SO you dont see the sky.. If you want to see the sky, just open it up the *real* way.. haha

Nothing like driving on a sunny day!

I also have been told that its very hard to force an entry to the car when its in tilt, I havent really tried tho so I'm not too sure.

Not to mention all your gangsta friends would laugh at you for clambering in the roof instead of just smashing a window.