Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Redrilling rims

Guest Denny Crane

Can a 5x100 rim be redrilled to 5x120 safely?

They are cast flow formed if thats any help.

Can be done but not legal nor would it pass a scruit' of ltsa type wof. If they watch closely.

Something about weakening the stud/bolt area.

Edited by Hartage

there is an engineer here in auckland that does redrill wheels and theninserts a collar. we get it done quite regularly, and it is 100% legal. However saying that we have never gone from 100 to 120. the biggest change we have made is from 114.3 down to 100. It all depends on the type of wheel as well. if you have a cover over the wheel holes it probably can be done. if the holes are 'open' it would look absolutely terrible, you would probably have to get the wheels repainted as well, as the drilling would no doubt 'eat' into the spokes.

Can a 5x100 rim be redrilled to 5x120 safely?

They are cast flow formed if thats any help.

yo sam ...

Im sending my rims in _AGAIN!!!!_ because of _another_ pot hole on esmond road (no where near as bad) <_< to these guys ...

http://www.brugar.co.nz/welding.htm

and spotted something you might be after :)

Guest Denny Crane

Have my babies Josh!

These aren't for my new rims, fyi, i've got a set of genuine hartge split rims thats were blanks, drillied to 5x114 <_<

Do brugar deal with forged rims? I'm heading out to arrow this week to get a couple of sets neat and tidied, and am all ears as to who is the best for this sort of thing (only the best for my babies, you see)

they reckon they deal with anything ... they use some funky processes apparently ...

They did mine last time.. mint job.

Im getting them all completely re-furbished to new .. as my clear coat has had a hard life .. and I want it mint again .. so I can go through all this again next year ... (can you tell im dark at the council again) :D

Guest Denny Crane

Sweet so they do clear coat... cool cool.

Reckon a set of mint LM's would faze them? I just need 2 little bits of curbage removed and them relaced to a lower offset.

Sweet so they do clear coat... cool cool.

Reckon a set of mint LM's would faze them? I just need 2 little bits of curbage removed and them relaced to a lower offset.

These guys are the one apparently .. I have a 10 day turn around on mine .. back to rollin the standard 17's :D for a little bit.

I got a set of staggered 16" BBS RS in 5x114 Merc PCD that I need changed to 5x120 - should I trust Brugar to do this - I just don't want my beautiful babies harmed. I feel bad redrilling BBS RS but hey..

Edited by Maccoretti