Sign in to follow this  
Apex Effects

Turbo Kit for a m20b2.5 in a e30 325I

Hi all i beat u have been asked this before but. i wana turbo my 325I :D i was wonding on prices? and say a possible parts list needed. ive been looking at da motorsport in Istanbul, Turkey at there 520hp m3 turbo kit and what parts maybe needed for my car as there kit i dont think would suit my car. and the asking price of 10,000USD is a bit high for my liking. considering i think that would b bout 20,000NZD for me? ive always wanted to turbo or supercharger a bimmer ever since me and my mate jono got talking bout bmw's and i know ill be also looking at suspension upgrades and brakes to keep up with the power increase so im realy just after some advice on who 2 talk 2 in tauranga maybe? or just a ball park figure on what im looking at spending on it. thanks sorry if this post is miss place or hard 2 understand im still a newbie on here. any comments would b cool

thanks shaun.

Edited by BimmaPHNTCY

Hi all i beat u have been asked this before but. i wana turbo my 325I :D i was wonding on prices? and say a possible parts list needed. ive been looking at da motorsport in Istanbul, Turkey at there 520hp m3 turbo kit and what parts maybe needed for my car as there kit i dont think would suit my car. and the asking price of 10,000USD is a bit high for my liking. considering i think that would b bout 20,000NZD for me? ive always wanted to turbo or supercharger a bimmer ever since me and my mate jono got talking bout bmw's and i know ill be also looking at suspension upgrades and brakes to keep up with the power increase so im realy just after some advice on who 2 talk 2 in tauranga maybe? or just a ball park figure on what im looking at spending on it. thanks sorry if this post is miss place or hard 2 understand im still a newbie on here. any comments would b cool

thanks shaun.

haha DA motorsport..... <_<

Edited by 328imobbin

You are right in not being the first to ask this, do a search theres heaps of threads about it.

Also check out the uk/us forums they have alot of useful information.

Someone else will more than likely say it but there is a book out by Corky Bell which outlines the dynamics of a turbo setup.

Finally there is a saying that goes...

Cheap. Reliable. Fast. Pick 2.

Unless you have a very big wallet its probably a waste of time turboing a m20 motor. If anything go a non vanos 2.5 m50 (e34) As they are DOCH 24v and have a few other features that are better conformed to a turbo charged motor.

If you used second hand parts off factory turbo cars and did the work yourself it can be fairly cheap

With standard parts $5K would probably get you started but thats not including suspension, brakes, cert etc

m20 turbos go hard - if done right - look at spending at least $10k - more if you can't do any of the work yourself as is my guess.

Or better yet, just wait until one comes up for sale - $15k will get you a turbo e30.

thanks shaun.

If you want to own a turbo e30, 300hp (quicker than any other factory BMW and badass to drive). You could own one for 16k - PM me. (You'd never be able to build one like this for less than 30k).

Guest Denny Crane

If you want to own a turbo e30, 300hp (quicker than any other factory BMW and badass to drive). You could own one for 16k - PM me. (You'd never be able to build one like this for less than 30k).

Your selling to me, remember? Dick.

hey sounds nice but i dont got 16k yet... wats the specs of the car is it ur 318 turbo car?

hey sounds nice but i dont got 16k yet... wats the specs of the car is it ur 318 turbo car?

Probably the fastest E30 you will ever drive.

Well for a while anyway :D

Seriously its f**kin quick.

Probably the fastest E30 you will ever drive.

Well for a while anyway :D

Seriously its f**kin quick.

Nice. but stil i keen on turbo'n my bimmer as i like it soooo much its fun with out a turbo so i can only imagine wat will happen when a turbo is straped on to it :D . an with saying that i was thinking bout using a rb20 or rb25 turbo which from memory is a T25/T28. id have to get a manifold made, i was just wondering on the finer details eg. wat oil feed lines to use wat intercoolers fit, a ECU? and ways of strenghtining the engine to improve its reliability while running the snail. id put in sum H&R springs and Bilstein shocks and look at investing in a strut brace like gary has. also i was looking at doing a 5 lug conversion and would use sum bigger disc's and 4 pots upfront if my car dont already have them. so wat else is there.... injectors ofcorse, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator im running out of things i can think of... ok all gud just if any 1 got sum cheap parts for this. drop me a line please as im keen 2 get started.

ok all gud just if any 1 got sum cheap parts for this. drop me a line please as im keen 2 get started.

Dont buy cheap parts.

You will only have a turbo car for a few minutes if you do <_<

Do it properly otherwise you will end up screwing sh*t up.

Do a search on here, 325Grant is in the process of boosting his m20 and has a fair bit of useful info in his threads.

You will also need a metal head gasket.

Dont buy cheap parts.

You will only have a turbo car for a few minutes if you do <_<

Do it properly otherwise you will end up screwing sh*t up.

Do a search on here, 325Grant is in the process of boosting his m20 and has a fair bit of useful info in his threads.

You will also need a metal head gasket.

i would never buy cheap dodgy parts. by cheap i mean mint condition deals! and i dont do things by halfs i go all the way im very methodical ive been told i take ages to do sh## but i do it right! i also can do a bit of the work my self as im a aprentice mechanic/ tyre fitter by trade so yea. ive messaged 325grant and had no response so far all gud tho. i was just wanting 2 know a basic parts list and prices so i know what to buy 1st an put aside till ive got all the cash 2 buy all the parts and assemble it.

this is the hoping result(not a wagon of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8zcb0Wu_I

or this :D

thanks shaun.

i found a website which is specialy for turbo kits for bmws check it out. http://www.cartech.net/bmwturbo.htm

oh and ball park figure for cost - 10k to do it right.

cheers i better get saving an get me a loan :D

hey just 2 continue on my questioning about turbos. you guys have given me alot of advice so far the main thing i was after was if there was any 1 in new zealand in specific in tauranga. ive messaged 325 grant an only had 1 response from him an that was ages ago so i was wondering if there was any 1 else out there that would help me out on parts 2 do it.

thanks

shaun