Sign in to follow this  
Gus

PM Chooses BM

so bravo.... you really have bought into the media hype then.

I just watched last nights tv3 news article.

Most of it was rubbish. There was no point even having the article on the 'news' one point particularly annouyed me.

the greens party leader stating that they dont need to be driving around in 'big' 6 cylinder cars gas guzzling.

Errr. Power to weight a 6 cylinder engine is counted as the most fuel economic with _real world_ use. (power to move people / towing etc etc)

Another person made the point that the TCO on a BMW is going to be far cheaper than other vehicles.

And we are talking qaulity cars here, I dont see nissans or toyota interiors lasting the distance.

Basically the fuel debate is bullshit, as the energy to create a new car / 'carbon foot print' (f**k I hate that term) is far greater than the fuel it uses.

As to my initial response to the herald.... perspective people as much as the NZ or world media try to concentrate on the sensationalised details.

the other thing ... the government only made a comment that the cars are greener, its not the whole point of buying them.

If they _really_ wanted to make an impact environmentally then a hydrogen 7er would have been great... then they could of really championed "clean green" NZ and the first country to start running on hydrogen ;)

Its the only real fuel alt for the future... electricity is the pussy and nerds way out.

so bravo.... you really have bought into the media hype then.

I doubt it. Very little of what I said follows the lines of the media reporting. Go figure?

Edited by bravo

Ah politics, vote greens then everyone can smoke weed and chill out.

Kidding.

Its a bit over the top all this clean green stuff. Whats 34 cars gonna make in a economy of + or - 6,000,000 cars. And as if its "a step in the right direction" - not everyone can afford $170,000 BMW's and if you could you'd spend it on an M3. NZ's going to hell in a handbag with the current govt.

Cant wait till elections!!! Oh yeh!! bye bye helen, hello bill!!

Bill?

i dont know why you think the nats will be any better.....

Regardless of what party comes into power, it is quite right to say that Helen's time is coming to an end.

Prime example is John Howard, in many cases, he did very good job, yet people wanted change but cannot point out the reason why.

I cannot refain to the fact that New Zealand is Australia, no we aint Australians, nor do we have the same cases, but it just goes to show that countries with government that serve for "long" periods of time tend to loose their shine after a few rounds...

I would believe that change for New Zealand is in 2008. National comes into power, does a good job in the first few years and then start macking around there and here just like current Labours, then this repeats the cycle...

Politics is dirty...nor is it transparent...

This issue seems to have raised a few prickly comments only time will tell what the out come will be.

Looking at it from a straight $$$$ point of view, and some help from the more knowledgeable one's please.

Would it go something like this

Asking price R.R.P $170,000

Less 12.5% G.S.T $18,880

Less import tax etc say 25% $37,777.78

Fleet discount 15% say $17,000.00

Bulk order purchase 15% say $14,450.00

Total possible deductions $88,107.78

Possible purchase price of only $81,892.22

At that price, if correct is a cheep buy

Allan

Bill?

Bill English - Johns puppet <_<