Product Summary

Manufacturer: Boss

Model number: R3000D

Weight: 16.00 lbs

Internal SKU: r3000d

Internal Product ID: 223

Now for Somone elses EXPERIENCED view (OVERSEAS FORUM):

Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 07:50 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a boss R-3000D. And let me tell you. It kicks butt. I have it hooked up to two alpine type r 10 inch subs. The bass is clean, tight, and accurate. Im a total audiophile and i can tell you that this amp is the best band for you buck. It may be a little rough around the edges but overall you cant buy another amp with that high of a THD and rms wattage around. It's like a corvette Z06. Brutal, fast, and handles like a champ. However some people like to spend twice as much and get a NSX will go the same speeds but cost twice as much. So its a good amp in my opinion, i myself used to own an audiobahn alum12 hooked up to a sony amp. This set up is the bomb

. All my friends like my set up due to the clean loud bass.

Thats the most honest one I could find, If you want others get them yourself.

I hope this puts you noobs to rest... yes it is RMS, and yes it is a very good amp, I really can't be bothered teaching you stuff you can go find yourself. Thats my last words finished here.

i have a boss R-3000D. Im a total audiophile.

Lololololollloloollolol

Lololololollloloollolol

Unfortunatly I cant say how s***** you are, but seriously you need to keep your immature unexperienced views to yourself. I'm guessing I, and the guy who wrote that review have a little more experiece than you in car audio (looking at you chicks car, I'm guessing xplode and fusion are your thing? lolololol). I'm sorry I had to burst your bubble... yes you got the wrong model number... and yes you got the wrong wattage, I didn't want to make you look like an idiot but too bad. lolololol. ^_^

BOSS R3000 RIOT Series class D

Remote Subwoofer Level Control

Line out (for system building)

Variable low pass crossover: 50Hz - 250 Hz @ 24 dB/octave

Variable subsonic filter: 10Hz-40Hz @24 dB/octave

Phase switch

Peak Power at 1 ohms 3000W (RMS) x 1

RMS Power at 4 ohms 1200W x 1

RMS Power at 2 ohms 2200W x 1

Frequency Response 20-300Hz

S/N Ratio >100dB

Dimensions: 11 3/4" x 2 3/16" x 15 3/8"

Full Sonic Electronix Warranty

Product Summary

Manufacturer: Boss

Model number: R3000D

Weight: 16.00 lbs

Internal SKU: r3000d

Internal Product ID: 223

Now for Somone elses EXPERIENCED view (OVERSEAS FORUM):

Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 07:50 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a boss R-3000D. And let me tell you. It kicks butt. I have it hooked up to two alpine type r 10 inch subs. The bass is clean, tight, and accurate. Im a total audiophile and i can tell you that this amp is the best band for you buck. It may be a little rough around the edges but overall you cant buy another amp with that high of a THD and rms wattage around. It's like a corvette Z06. Brutal, fast, and handles like a champ. However some people like to spend twice as much and get a NSX will go the same speeds but cost twice as much. So its a good amp in my opinion, i myself used to own an audiobahn alum12 hooked up to a sony amp. This set up is the bomb

. All my friends like my set up due to the clean loud bass.

Thats the most honest one I could find, If you want others get them yourself.

I hope this puts you noobs to rest... yes it is RMS, and yes it is a very good amp, I really can't be bothered teaching you stuff you can go find yourself. Thats my last words finished here.

Unfortunatly I cant say how s***** you are, but seriously you need to keep your immature unexperienced views to yourself. I'm guessing I, and the guy who wrote that review have a little more experiece than you in car audio (looking at you chicks car, I'm guessing xplode and fusion are your thing? lolololol). I'm sorry I had to burst your bubble... yes you got the wrong model number... and yes you got the wrong wattage, I didn't want to make you look like an idiot but too bad. lolololol. ^_^

e3s, you need to take off your internet superhero suit.

Specs:

I presume this is where you sourced the specs for the amp:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_223_Bo...es+Class+D.html

Peak Power at 1 ohms 3000W x 1

Why did you need to add (RMS) to the specs?

Weight:

16lbs, that’s about 7kg. If it could do 3k rms then you’d expect a bit more weight as the heatsink has to diffuse heat away from the transistors. Yes, you can reduce this weight with fans and intelligent design but you’re always going to need a bit of weight there. If the amp is 75% efficient then there going to be the heat equivalent of 1krms to be dispersed at full power. Go and ask your mum if you can borrow her hair dryer, this will roughly tell you what amount of heat you’re dealing with.

Dimensions:

About right. Footprint of something like the e-audio3000d isn’t too much bigger.

Internals:

I’ve only been able to find pics of the internals of a Riot2200D http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Boss_Riot_R2200D/

Note the substantial lack of transistors on the heatsink and the wildly exaggerated ratings compared to the SS Picasso PCA1000D which shares the same board.

So what does this tell us about the R3000D. Well it tells us that published specs aren’t reliable.

Fuses:

The manual for your amp can be downloaded here: http://www.bossaudio.com/support/index.php...nloaditemid=455 . According to the specs on pg3, your amp has 3x30a fuses. Unless you amp miraculously circumvents Newton’s law of conservation of energy, the most power it can produce at 14.4v is 1296w. At 75% efficiency that’s 972w.

Wiring:

You’ve got 4ga terminals on the amp. If you were playing with 3k rms then you’d expect 0ga terminals.

Review:

The review you posted was from here http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/3410.html . The guys wants high THD??? What does he like listening to distortion? Have a look at MEXXX’s post. He raves about the R3000d but admits the power ratings are wrong.

Noobiness:

Couldn’t find your age from your profile but I read a recent post of yours and you would appear to still be living at home with dad. If that’s the case then I think it’s safe to assume that I was playing with car audio while you were sitting in the garden figuring out which route to drive your Tonka dump truck across the sand pit. Does, experience count for everything, no, but it carries a fair bit of weight.

Car analogies:

You bought a Lada. Yes, you bought the Lada Sport turbo, but the salesman saw you coming and convinced you to pay Porsche pricing for it. Had you done any research or asked people with some experience (and listened to them), you could have been driving a Porsche. Unfortunately you fell for the marketing bs and bought the Lada Sport Turbo. If you’d opened the bonnet you would have found drum brakes, leaf springs, and no turbo; but you would have the Sport Turbo badge on the boot lid to make up for it. But what’s my opinion worth? Apparently, since I haven’t owned a Lada for the past 3 years, then I am not in any fit position to comment on them.

Value for money:

You paid >$1k for this by your own admission. You could have had an E-audio 1000d brand new for much less and you could have stepped up to something like the DLS A6 for the same coin. The salesman saw you coming and you got ripped, you even bought a capacitor.

Capacitors:

You use a capacitor. Enough said.

Summary:Next time you go waving your e-shlong around on a website, make sure your arguments are sound and you know what you’re talking about. Unfortunately you are one of the dangerous people who has enough knowledge to think he knows what he’s talking about but not enough knowledge to actually know what he’s talking about.

And pjay’s initial assessment of your fuse rating (even tho he got the wrong Boss amp) is actually spot on. And you called him an idiot?

I stand by my initial opinion of your amp. It’s a piece of junk. If you strapped 2 of them together you could probably use them as a boat anchor. I appreciate this is the best amp you’ve ever run; but all this actually says is that you have very limited experience in car audio (although you claim otherwise).

Now please go crawl back under a rock and leave this forum to people who know what they’re talking about.

Edited by rogan

'Ive never spent a cent on Boss, so my statement isn't really that valid.'

Quoted for reference

***space held*** (cool)

e3s, you need to take off your internet superhero suit.

Specs:

I presume this is where you sourced the specs for the amp:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_223_Bo...es+Class+D.html

Why did you need to add (RMS) to the specs?

Weight:

16lbs, that’s about 7kg. If it could do 3k rms then you’d expect a bit more weight as the heatsink has to diffuse heat away from the transistors. Yes, you can reduce this weight with fans and intelligent design but you’re always going to need a bit of weight there. If the amp is 75% efficient then there going to be the heat equivalent of 1krms to be dispersed at full power. Go and ask your mum if you can borrow her hair dryer, this will roughly tell you what amount of heat you’re dealing with.

Dimensions:

About right. Footprint of something like the e-audio3000d isn’t too much bigger.

Internals:

I’ve only been able to find pics of the internals of a Riot2200D http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Boss_Riot_R2200D/

Note the substantial lack of transistors on the heatsink and the wildly exaggerated ratings compared to the SS Picasso PCA1000D which shares the same board.

So what does this tell us about the R3000D. Well it tells us that published specs aren’t reliable.

Fuses:

The manual for your amp can be downloaded here: http://www.bossaudio.com/support/index.php...nloaditemid=455 . According to the specs on pg3, your amp has 3x30a fuses. Unless you amp miraculously circumvents Newton’s law of conservation of energy, the most power it can produce at 14.4v is 1296w. At 75% efficiency that’s 972w.

Wiring:

You’ve got 4ga terminals on the amp. If you were playing with 3k rms then you’d expect 0ga terminals.

Review:

The review you posted was from here http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/3410.html . The guys wants high THD??? What does he like listening to distortion? Have a look at MEXXX’s post. He raves about the R3000d but admits the power ratings are wrong.

Noobiness:

Couldn’t find your age from your profile but I read a recent post of yours and you would appear to still be living at home with dad. If that’s the case then I think it’s safe to assume that I was playing with car audio while you were sitting in the garden figuring out which route to drive your Tonka dump truck across the sand pit. Does, experience count for everything, no, but it carries a fair bit of weight.

Car analogies:

You bought a Lada. Yes, you bought the Lada Sport turbo, but the salesman saw you coming and convinced you to pay Porsche pricing for it. Had you done any research or asked people with some experience (and listened to them), you could have been driving a Porsche. Unfortunately you fell for the marketing bs and bought the Lada Sport Turbo. If you’d opened the bonnet you would have found drum brakes, leaf springs, and no turbo; but you would have the Sport Turbo badge on the boot lid to make up for it. But what’s my opinion worth? Apparently, since I haven’t owned a Lada for the past 3 years, then I am not in any fit position to comment on them.

Value for money:

You paid >$1k for this by your own admission. You could have had an E-audio 1000d brand new for much less and you could have stepped up to something like the DLS A6 for the same coin. The salesman saw you coming and you got ripped, you even bought a capacitor.

Capacitors:

You use a capacitor. Enough said.

Summary:Next time you go waving your e-shlong around on a website, make sure your arguments are sound and you know what you’re talking about. Unfortunately you are one of the dangerous people who has enough knowledge to think he knows what he’s talking about but not enough knowledge to actually know what he’s talking about.

And pjay’s initial assessment of your fuse rating (even tho he got the wrong Boss amp) is actually spot on. And you called him an idiot?

I stand by my initial opinion of your amp. It’s a piece of junk. If you strapped 2 of them together you could probably use them as a boat anchor. I appreciate this is the best amp you’ve ever run; but all this actually says is that you have very limited experience in car audio (although you claim otherwise).

Now please go crawl back under a rock and leave this forum to people who know what they’re talking about.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you need to get a life... I know its a sunday but that must have takin an old man like you a while to think up. Very good you did some research... and prooved my point that some people 'rave' about this amp. BTW even tho your too old for this stuff, let me teach you a little about heat sinks... there not heavy... heavy metal= dense= heat retained longer, so no 3000w RMS at 7kg is fine. Also yes I did say RMS because it is... if at 2ohm it pushes 2200 RMS then its not a surprising figure??? do that maths its basic fractions... you should go back to school.

And finaly I'm not under a rock, (I'll stop with anologies if you stop with old coloquialisms), and since when were 40 year olds into subs- mid life crisis? still driven old cars?? yea, mayby you should look at yourself before judgin me on my age... Yes I'm a student if you had to know. Anyways You put your $2 in, thats just my 2c. Catchya

You just got you ass served to you on a plate. Maybe you should have walked away with some dignity when you had the chance a couple of posts back. Instead you want to play the big know-it all and end up totally embarrasing yourself by demonstrating fundamental lack of knowledge. Your personal insults are simply pathetic. I appreciate you're trying to score some points to dig your way out of this humiliation, but just pull your head in.

Also yes I did say RMS because it is... if at 2ohm it pushes 2200 RMS then its not a surprising figure??? do that maths its basic fractions... you should go back to school.

Your amp doesn't produce 2200rms at 2 ohms. Re-read the paragraph titled fuses again.

You just got you ass served to you on a plate. Maybe you should have walked away with some dignity when you had the chance a couple of posts back. Instead you want to play the big know-it all and end up totally embarrasing yourself by demonstrating fundamental lack of knowledge. Your personal insults are simply pathetic. I appreciate you're trying to score some points to dig your way out of this humiliation, but just pull your head in.

Your amp doesn't produce 2200rms at 2 ohms. Re-read the paragraph titled fuses again.

hahaha yes it does: 'RMS Power at 2 ohms 2200W x 1' thats specs from the factory. I'm not trying to get any last words in or whatever your saying, I'm realy not as concerned with this as your essay above suggests you might be. I just find it frustrating and funy how your so pig headed and can't accept you were wrong. This amp simply has 3000 watt RMS peak power rating (.. at phm) ring/ email boss if you have to. Whether or not its a good amp is debatable and I accept your views on boss,they may have a bad name but this was the best amp they ever produced and IMO from using it, aswell as other more quality brands is a very good amp.

Finally it seems ironic you tell me to drop the presonal insult... As you did start them yourself in the last post (see bottom... 'dad'.. 'rock'?? sound familiar. My age is an excuse but your old, you should have more maturity mate.

Anway this is never going to end, so go on.. I won't reply...you have the last words.

Bench test your amp. Show us the specs.

Put your nuts on the table boy

Bench test your amp. Show us the specs.

Put your nuts on the table boy

And if you cant do it yourself, give it to me and Ill get it bench tested.

Depends how you wanna go down? Like a man. Or like a bitch?

Put your internet knobs away boys, another thread locked due to user incompetence.

Dunzzers, seeing as you havent posted since page 1 I assume youve either got the answers you were looking for or cant be bothered with the rest of the crap.

Edited by Penry