Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

I wasn't the biggest fan of the old style 68's but whoever thought this would be an upgrade must have been dropped as a child. Those blacked out indicators as well... Was such a clean and original car. All downhill from here 😢

14 hours ago, Vass said:

My mate spotted my old coupe up in the North Island. I rather wish he hadn't... 

received_5300332366667249.thumb.jpeg.a98890bb105766aadeb371029492263f.jpeg

What the actual f**k are those wheels!? 

Prays he’s getting his actual wheels refurbished and only has one car to use with these as loners 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Vass said:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the old style 68's but whoever thought this would be an upgrade must have been dropped as a child. Those blacked out indicators as well... Was such a clean and original car. All downhill from here 😢

Suspect the 'BMW743' plate might be available shortly 🙃

• Sad 1

Spotted an iX (black on black on black) heading south on SH1 this morning. Didn't look quite as awful as the photos of the white ones I've seen...I guess people say black is slimming🤪

• Haha 1

Great combo, shame the M4 didn’t back in

DBFEC49D-D2F2-4B8A-896C-330052C791D1.jpeg

• Like 9

Gee, nice pic.   Interesting to note the size difference 35 years later in the BMW evolutionary cycle.

Gimme the old school, any day.

• Like 3

I like the one on the left ♥️ 

• Like 4

Found a buddy today in Britomart - beautiful 318i 2 door in a stunning, rare (but not captured at all in this crappy pic) Mineralblau.

BFF31605-D3B4-4DF4-9663-C9E945FF088A.jpeg

• Like 5

@Sammo I have to confess, I am so in love with your M Tech II...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Moupe said:

@Sammo I have to confess, I am so in love with your M Tech II...

Thank you! I've been driving it heaps lately and loving it

Someone testing out the buoyancy of their M3 vert during the recent Auckland floods 😅

Screenshot_20220327-174147_YouTube.thumb.jpg.defe5c15d5553ec9040d8c572de0ae16.jpg

I cringe everytime I look at that pic, I'm sure it's fine and the bottom end just needed the last of the engine degreaser rinsed off before it headed in for a WOF. Remind me, exhausts just love thermal shock right?

It's just such weird decision-making on many levels. I mean if you own that sort of car nowadays, surely it's not the only car you own, or a daily driver. Why would you decide to roll your pride and joy out of the garage on a day like that!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vass said:

It's just such weird decision-making on many levels. I mean if you own that sort of car nowadays, surely it's not the only car you own, or a daily driver. Why would you decide to roll your pride and joy out of the garage on a day like that!?

Whole-heartedly agree. I have two weekend cars and neither see a drop of rain... Hell, I even hate my DD getting wet lol

• Like 3

51995923374_2d18bb274c_b.jpg

lyall bay yesterday afternoon. 528i I think. 

• Like 3

On 3/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, Vass said:

I took the M325i out in that rain storm, not a good idea in hindsight as some unavoidable standing water got the distributor cap a little moist but its all fine now - was already on the 'replace list' with plug wires.

While I definitely wouldn't do it again - or leave the house - had no idea how bad it actually was out there.

I do love having a usable modern classic -  if I had the luxury of a genuine sunny day car I would be looking at something like an Alfa GTV or Lotus Elan.

• Like 1

Ha. Times have changed. I would have purposely taken my M325i out for a thrash in the bad weather.

Black E46 M3 with CSL wheels on Ngapipi road, Auckland. Looked very good!

Seen this beautiful 1987 M5 at CHC BMW yesterday afternoon. Incredible condition inside and out :) 

Credit to the owner for looking after it so well. 

image.png.107d560ba59bf38b7d5965d42e46c0c1.png

• Like 7

Stumbled out of Pick-A-Part on Saturday to find this beauty parked next to me. Looked absolutely immaculate, UK-import 330d, sitting on clean Schnitzer's. Absolutely beautiful package, props to the owner, looked really well taken care of.

435779366_2022-04-1610_51_31.thumb.jpg.2fb9c6877496144e27ea94967e9f7e6e.jpg

Edited by Vass
  • Like 6

E Tron RS GT is a stunning design IMO

Edited by Sammo

IMG_0588.thumb.jpg.a8d26aff290fcb489ec05e1e5cc71fb6.jpg

Was flicking through a classic car magazine from January 2019, and I decided to have a look at the for sale section to sulk about classic car prices from 3 years ago. After seeing a 993 911 for 32K, I turn the page and see a familiar looking red e30. 

@E28E30

Spotted!