Sign in to follow this  
BMEP

E36 M3 Turbo

Guest FrantiC

Very nice, You must be pleased with that figure anyhow,

What sort of clutch did you have in there and what have you got now?

FrantiC,

Yes i'm happy with that power......for now.

When I purchased the car in N/A stock form, I asked the previous owner about the clutch and he did mention it was stock and sure enough when I removed it, it was stock.

I have fitted a “South Bend†clutch kit from the States. It consist of an upgraded pressure plate, clutch plate and bearing. I had the OEM dual mass flywheel refaced and have reused it. I did contemplate going to an alloy flywheel set up however the few people I have spoken to that have alloy flywheels in their E36 M3's were displeased with the low speed drive-ability and rattling noise at idle from the gearbox. I am well aware that the alloy flywheel will aid in reducing the rotating mass however I am more than happy with the smooth and quiet idle the dual mass flywheel offers as well as the low speed drive-ability.

The South Bend clutch has a nice “Bitey†feel to it and is very drive-able with a decent amount of elevated clutch peddle pressure over the stock clutch.

Edited by BMEP