Sign in to follow this  
volcanoblack

Found - E36 Floating Rotors 286x22

Hi All,

I have found a floating rotor for the E36 stock size brakes 286mm x 22mm. They are Schmeidmann and are a lightweight option we could use with genuine pads or uprated pads if you want. From Denmark. Cost about $560 plus shipping

Here is a link to the web site and an image.

Is there anyone interested in a group buy? I would be willing to contact them and ask if we have enough interest.

http://www.schmiedmann.com/115/produkt/BRSP3646ZFZ.htm

Posted Image

Cheers

Edited by volcanoblack

Yes they are Zimmerman (as shown in the photo) - here is the blurb from the Schmiedman website:

Zimmermann made in Germany! with Tüv approval!

Set/2pieces! OE.REF.NR. 34-11-1-165-455

I have not seen these retailed by anyone else. Do we know of a Zimmerman retailer in New Zealand that we could ask to get these for us here?

Weight is 12.58 KG for two including the packaging - so I figure a little less than 6kg each or 13 lbs. This is one pound lighter than the stock E36 rotor due mostly to the aluminium centre section I presume.

What other information would you want? So far the folks at Schmiedman have been good about replying to emails.

Cheers.

Would be nice to get someone importing zimmerman rotors - heard good things about them on all makes and models

i do think you can get them ordered in, you should ask *glenn* if he can source them

wonder what the balancing would be like with the Zimmermann machined out of the body...

Just heard back from the Zimmerman guys, and even allowing for freight, price would work out higher than the ones quoted above. Worth a try though.

try "Bmworkshop" on Great-North Rd. i know they used to stock drilled zimmerman rotors for e36 and e30.

Just heard back from the Zimmerman guys, and even allowing for freight, price would work out higher than the ones quoted above. Worth a try though.

I just checked how much shipping would be by placing an order (then canceling before payment - as suggested by Schmiedmann) 171 euro = $356 NZD

This is a bit more than I expected. :(

Add this to the parts cost of euro269 ($561NZD) and we get a grand total of euro 451.28 = $941 NZD.

Gavin (Euro-Italian) - is this the price you would be looking at to get these?

Thanks.