Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

My E30 V8 possibly for sale

If he's serious... go back and say "$30k and it's yours" and see what he says. :D

You've nothing to lose!

Car dealer isn't Allan Milligan perchance?

Haha yeah that could work! Nah its not him, what makes you say that? should i ask him too :D

If your not totally attached to it, and you don't think you will want to do something similar again, pass it on. It is probably the mintest e30 on here though, be sad to see it go.

Cheers mate, comments like that make it all worth it

Geez, I promised myself if your car was ever for sale I'd buy it. Of course, I didn't consult my missus when making that promise.

I don't think you should sell unless you expect you'd want to do another project inside the next ~2-3 years. In my opinion, you would struggle to get a better offer than the $25k, so if you think you'll get itchy feet for a project and want to sell it then (potentially for less) ... by all means sell. Otherwise - keep it!

(edit - or swapsies for an E36 M3 + cash, shhh, don't tell my wife)

Edited by CamB

a pretty good offer , i dont know what i would do ??

but maybe you can make another , might be cheaper next time around after all that you have learn't on this one

What makes you say that? should i ask him too :D

Spoke to him when I was looking at buying a 328 off his yard... he mentioned he raced BMW's.

I've changed my mind.... don't sell it. What beautiful noise am I gonna listen to instead of you tearing up and down my street? :D

Realy?!? Damn well im pretty serious about selling it now as i already have itchy feet for another project, which im just keeping the particulars to myself at this point in time.

Aragh such a hard decision, if there was a cash offer id have to consider it.

text me on 021 301 394 if youd like mate. haha dw i wont tell your wife.

Edited by Sammy J

Spoke to him when I was looking at buying a 328 off his yard... he mentioned he raced BMW's.

I've changed my mind.... don't sell it. What beautiful noise am I gonna listen to instead of you tearing up and down my street? :D

Haha well might have to pay him a visit then :D

Aw which street is this one... if all goes to plan you might have an even more beautiful noise to listen to

25k is a lot of money for a e30...thats half a mint m3 :D

If your not totally attached to it, and you don't think you will want to do something similar again, pass it on. It is probably the mintest e30 on here though, be sad to see it go.

+100, yours and Rileys

Hmm yeah .. take it ... save the $$$ and buy someone elses project for way less down the track.

However .. if you dont need the $$$ then stick with you car mate if you happy with it.. your done the hard yards on it

Yep, I agree entirely. If it were me and I'd only been driving it for a few weeks, I wouldn't sell it, it would be such a shame to get rid of it. If your car has created that much interest outside of the Bimmersport World then who knows how many people will be talking/interested in buying it in a year or so.

My opinion I wouldn't sell it.

Just my 2c.

Hmm ive been through the same thing, ive decided to keep mine though, ive invested so much into it and made it for me, its everything ive wanted in a car. I can honestly say there is nothing under $45k id want more, and that would tick all the boxes i want in a car

text me on 021 301 394 if youd like mate. haha dw i wont tell your wife.

Hmmm, unfortunately am home from work now ... asked the question of her and DENIED. Sheeesh. Apparently marriage is a compromise.

As attached as I was to my M3, when someone came knocking with an offer I could not refuse I let her go. My situation is a bit different though as I was at a stage in my life that I wanted to make some investments.

Your car is a beast no doubt but for 25k... that sort of cash can go a long way!

End of the day, it's how you feel about the car. Seems like you itching to start another project so I think you sort of already made up your mind anyhow.

Just make sure this guy is not dicking you around!

for 25 K

I think sell it, you can buy/build another fast car, but the opportunity to have no student loan at the end of university is a pretty big opportunity.

and you could still go and buy a really decent car

You can set yourself up for life at 18 with 25k in your back pocket. $15k in the bank, $10k to start off at varsity job done.

It all depends on whether you need the money really. If youve managed to spend more than that in the car already at 18 you cant be doing too badly :)

(Dont take this the wrong way Sam :D ) I don't think Sam will be dealing with Studylink at all during Uni ;)

(Dont take this the wrong way Sam :D ) I don't think Sam will be dealing with Studylink at all during Uni ;)

+1 Lol

if you can afford to keep it, keep it - you'll prob never build another one when you get old/fat/lazy/some bird pregnant

you'll prob never build another one when you get old/fat/lazy/some bird pregnant

Sums up life quite nicely haha

Well then keep it. If you dont need the cash, enjoy the car. Jaysus Id be out in it every hour of the day if it was me!