Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

HOSTGE

Nice work, I feel you on the "every-time I do something I find something else goes wrong" situation. Story of my life lol...

Ok finally sorted out the driveshaft flange, managed to drive it all of two metres back into the garage on no manifolds...YAY! Finally something haha.

Finished modifying m52 stainless manifolds, and then foil exhaust wrapped them seeing as the rear one is all of 1cm away from the steering donut. Half did some downpipes, its going to be interesting under there... :P

Still havent sorted those wires or the electric fan. I will probably take it around the block tomorrow on downpipes only just for kicks.

Turns out my battery is now FUBAR as well, lets off a sulfur smell, and one of the cell sets is black + corroded. Woo...More money haha.

good work man, cant wait for a ride in it haha

Well, it's all finally road legal, at last and I won't be doing too much to it for a little while now, need a break from workingon it haha.

Made the rest of the exhaust up, using what was useable of my old exhaust and various random peices of the e34 system. Would prefer twin all the way back but eh, twin 325 pipes aren't cheap anymore :P

Wired up the electric fan using the temp sensor in side of radiator. Seems to keep everything cool enough.

Got new tires, FINALLY sorted fog lights out (came off a dd e30 I've sold now) and its done (for now ish)

Yeah, on my 3rd gearbox now, love blowing those f**kers up. also on the 3rd or 4th diff I cant even remember now. Other than that still going good, gotta replace a balljoint and a rack boot. Will post some more photos later on...

been popping to many drifts??

Haha i wish, nah the f**ker jammed in reverse, no one here would deal with it so i got another. The old diff was just that, old, then i welded it poorly and it died haha. Just the growing list.

The main problem I have currently is that occasionally itll get hot and spew water out of the radiator cap, and i cant figure out why. It always seems to have excessive pressure in the coolant lines they all get rock hard. Is it poor bleeding or what? Doesnt seem to be anything i can find...

bmws run something like 2 bar water pressure to raise the boiling point of the water. that much pressure will make the hoses rock hard, when the engines cold, take the radiator cap off and bleed screw out aswell, the fill the resivour up and over fill it. start the engine then proceed to continue over filling it, keep doing it till all bubbles have stopped comming out the bleed screw. if possibly have the front of the car raised up so the air is pushed up more towards the cap.

Yeah shes screwed now, starts boiling back out the expansion tank within bout a minute, can hear hissing inside the block. Wah wah.

Any suggestions other than strip it apart and do the head gasket? Stroke to 2.8 etc etc? or just grab another second hand engine?

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh.... So 15 days later its back on the road, second hand engine (meh cheaper than the headgasket alone...) seems alright so far. Pulled the carpet and RUST!!! so some repairs were done using an old foglight blank as the steel inserts bahaha...

WOW its been a long time since I last posted in this thread. 14 odd months later, one of the piston rings is starting to go. In the last couple months Ive replaced nearly every single sensor, cleaned everything (injectors included) will post a vid or pic of my awesome cleaning/testing rig later on.

HOSTGE has the full body kit now (Genuine Hartge prefacelift rear pods, SE side skirts(I think), Cracked fibreglass Hartge front skirt, Hartge wheels...rock the Hartge)

In the last 73 days, I have done 10,000km...Quick oil change, threw some thicker stuff than I was using tonight, will see tomorrow if it runs a little bit better (hopefully keep it ticking away a little while longer)

So, the next thing by the looks, is either a rebuild of the old m50b25 sitting in the garage, stroke it, or perhaps throw something VANOS in it? I dont see the point of buying a VANOS engine then locking it off, so I would have to sort out making it all work as the factory intended? Suggestions anyone? different ideas?

yeah skip M50, M52B28 is the way to go, both can be had for bugger all now, often best to buy a complete crashed E36, though the E34 sump is much harder to come by than the E36 arms, E34s just too good cars :P

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

In the last 73 days, I have done 10,000km...

Dude, that is a serious amount of laps round & round & round the square...............

But VERY impressive too!!!! Good stuff!!! ;):)

Haha cheers guys, yeah m52b28 is what im thinking, dont need any mounts or arms or intake manifold or exhaust....everything will swap (I think, seeing as its already m50). just need the wiring loom, injectors, coils, ecu, long block including head etc...anyone got one cheap as haha? :P (will be a few months away anyway)

loaded some recentish pics of the car, note it no longer has the faux-fibre gas flap - took me ages to find a good white one but I did finally haha!

9708690_orig.jpg

4648112_orig.jpg

Palmy? I saw this today in Okahu Bay.

Yeah I get all round the North Island haha, was in Auckland for a wedding and was in New Plymouth/Hamilton the next day...