Sign in to follow this  
dirtydoogle

E30 prices....

Why are E30's commanding such high prices these days? I'm haveing a perv at a few and to get a nice 325i you could get an E36 328, which is a superior car [although the hood lining will end up on your head]. They don't seem to be rare either, in fact there seems to be more E30 manuals than E36 manuals. I know the E30's can be a giggle to drive, is that the only reason?

Not trying to be a k.n.o.b, I do love E30's. B)

With that reasoning I actually cannot argue... maybe, its cult or classic status? Maybe the old- fashioned looks as opposed to an e36 which isnt old-cool but isnt modern?

Cannot explain the reason so far as availablity goes though. Perhaps it is hard to get a genuinely good e30, and the rest are utter trash. E36's wont have as much rust etc in them

With that reasoning I actually cannot argue... maybe, its cult or classic status? Maybe the old- fashioned looks as opposed to an e36 which isnt old-cool but isnt modern?

Cannot explain the reason so far as availablity goes though. Perhaps it is hard to get a genuinely good e30, and the rest are utter trash. E36's wont have as much rust etc in them

Very good point, the E36 is a great looking car, but, I have to agree the E30 wins there. Cult status must help and you are certainly right on finding a good E30, it's nigh on impossible. Rust is a bitch, but, nothing on a good Alfa =D

I just had a look at some other cars, skylines, cefiro/taxi/laurel/tank turds and I think they have been bitten worse by the retard bug. I'll go make a coffee and be thankful I'm not wanting a Skyline/Cefiro thingyma-bob. How does one pay 6k for an rb20det, which has a monstrous 159kw in a scungy old turd that's had rubbish leaking adjusties put in it?

Some people never cease to amaze me. Then again, I am a British car enthusiast [wan**r]

i got my 325i for 3000 a few months bake,(had to spend a grand) im the second owner and its mint... maybe its just whats on trademe atm...none seem to be selling either. i thought this one was a bit steapGLWS

Edited by zinnoberrotE30

Like this for example.

Rip Off

Goodluck at that price!

Remember that for something be a rip off, someone needs to have been ripped off...... That car hasnt sold yet :P

Like this for example.

Rip Off

Goodluck at that price!

Nice gear knob.........

Not a bad car, not sure about the price though. 8500 for a non M/S E30? Theres that very very nice m20b28 sedan from here and I'm sure it's cheaper.

i got my 325i for 3000 a few months bake,(had to spend a grand) im the second owner and its mint... maybe its just whats on trademe atm...none seem to be selling either

That's what I like to hear!!!

E36's are common as muck.

As are automatic 318/320 E30's, yet by year/milage a bad e30 holds it's value. Maybe I should start investing in bad E30's?

i thought this one was a rip off GLWS

Members car.

I think someone will buy that, its an immaculate car and add a 2.5 plus LSD you would have a great car. The other one that was posted for 8.5k looks like it hasn't been treated as well as the Mtech 1.

8.5k is getting into Tech 2 prices...

Edit: Cheap as chips

Edited by AJ_D

Wonder what the reserve on that coupe is? That looks like the ideal E30 on a budget!

Wonder what the reserve on that coupe is? That looks like the ideal E30 on a budget!

Its been on and off trade me for a little while. From memory I think the reserve is quite reasonable.

Edit: Just had a look at the expired auctions.

27 Jul reserve was $4.5k

23 Aug reserve was $3.5k

Highest its reached with previous bids was $3050

Edited by 3 SERIES

There needs to be more like that one, some shined up weaves, recaros and tech kit and it would be a very very nice E30.

Like this for example.

Rip Off

Goodluck at that price!

I see that everyday on the way to work and it is a nice car but it's definately not worth 8.5k

With all the new gear he claims to have put into it, it's unlikely that you would save anything by buying cheaper though.

Because they are cool and good ones are few and far between. That’s about it really. You don’t look try hard and pretentious in an E30 as you do in newer BMW’s. The E36 will have its day again, give it 5 more years :D

Because they are cool and good ones are few and far between. That’s about it really. You don’t look try hard and pretentious in an E30 as you do in newer BMW’s. The E36 will have its day again, give it 5 more years :D

5 years in an E36 and there will be no interior left..... I can understand a decent e30 being priced higher, but, the majority are over priced heaps. What are you getting for the money that you couldn't else where? Crap seats, cracked dash, munted raped drive line, sad suspension and rust.

The higher the values the better I think. The E30 M3 is the only car iv ever made money on

Edited by M3 Cab

Invest now

I have 10 E36's under my house.

Here's an idea... if you don't want to pay the prices commanded for E30's... don't. :)

The demand for E30's means that good ones command higher prices and therefore crappier ones can command higher prices too. I mean, almost every new member that introduces themselves on the forums is "on the hunt for a manual E30"!

The blue car for $8500 has obviously had a LOT of work done to it. And as Westy said, if you want to buy a cheaper one all power to you, but you'll be spending more than that doing all the neglected maintenance on it.

I've put probably 4k into my car since I bought it, and I've probably got another 4 to go to make it perfect. Will I get $15k for it when I sell it?... nope, but I can always try.

I have customers with E30's that you wouldn't be able to buy for under $25,000