Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Good to see another e28 getting some well deserved attention.

Very nice, Brent. Are you keeping this one?

had it for 9 plus years now , so might as well keep it a bit longer:)

might even do the exhaust some time soon.

engine deserves better

Was waiting behind cars in a queue on Symonds st on Friday, then this toyota vitz comes and rear ends my car. Didn't really do much damage, just a few paint scratches and cracks on top of a few that were already there - gives me an excuse to get it resprayed. Will probably do it next week.

Posted Image

Edited by Arma

Is it scratched through to the plastic? If not a decent cut and polish might do the job?

Is it scratched through to the plastic? If not a decent cut and polish might do the job?

It looks to be. The cracks on the paint seem to go far in anyway - just no dents. Some of the scratches could probably do with a cut/polish

It looks to be. The cracks on the paint seem to go far in anyway - just no dents. Some of the scratches could probably do with a cut/polish

check the bumper reinforcement has not been cracked (behind the bumper cover), comon issue when been banged into

As Brent said get it checked professionally as the impact bars inside the rear chassis support rails may have been damaged (they are designed to crush), Ring your insurance company and get them to handle it .. Theyre in the wrong so it wont cost you. (hopefully you got their details). The bumper shell isnt where the damage is held.

As Brent said get it checked professionally as the impact bars inside the rear chassis support rails may have been damaged (they are designed to crush), Ring your insurance company and get them to handle it .. Theyre in the wrong so it wont cost you. (hopefully you got their details). The bumper shell isnt where the damage is held.

I'll probably take it in soon to have it looked at. The impact wasn't too hard, so I'm hoping nothing was damaged inside. Yeah I got their details - the woman driving didn't have license, photo ID or a phone on her.. had to take a photo of her, her car and get all other details >.>. Are there any tell/signs that indicate damaged impact bars? Or does the bumper just have to be taken off to check.

Not BMW anymore but polished the hell out of (2x 3M water-based pro polish followed by Mothers pure carnauba) my car and she is looking rather incredible. Took hours and hours!

stopped on the motorway's shoulder, after seeing a flailing black thing outside the driver's window....turned out to be my window trim.

1st time i've used the breakdown kit outside my driveway :)

new project car arrived from chch today

nz new 2002 saphire black 330i touring

done approx 96k

black leather sport seats.

removalable towbar

near near eagle tyres

small scratch in the left front.

should be a nice car . dont like the facelift bumpers though

thinking about mtec front bumper from the 330ci i had

maybe the bbs LM's from my wifes e36 328i touring

and maybe the mtec coupe suspension etc from the 330ci

finished the week off with axles.

this week all together I got 1uz flywheel ,clutch ,p,plate hydrolic release bearing aswell as lsd diff and axles.

Nice touring Brent! Never likes the facelift non msport kits but its a good base and easily made to look nice since u got a bunch of parts! Should be worth a good sum of money if u were to sell. But definitely a keeper i say!

Didn't happen. Terrible photoshop Yongxi

I can tell from the pixels :rolleyes:

Didn't happen. Terrible photoshop Yongxi

Yes it did.... fess up boy and tell the true story :D or I will

At least you drove it home from my place

Edited by *Glenn*

Got some relatively clean telemetry during a test run, really useful for diagnosing, in this picture it shows the gears cycling through up to just over 100kph from a standing start... 0-100kph in 5.80 seconds... I think that's right on the money for a 270-280hp 1UZ in a 1450-1500kg loaded E36 with me & fuel inside etc.

Posted Image

An aftermarket ECU with a performance oreintated tune & shorter final drive with LSD center will hopefully level things at the 5 second flat range, maybe even high 4's with the right figures.

Took the 330i on a lol trip to rotorua this weekend. Clocked 460kms from a full tank of BP 98 that cost $140. OBC shows 220kms left and still got about 35% left on the gauge. Seems pretty decent for 100kmh drive with plenty of overtaking :)

Didn't have any problems and was a very smooth and comfortable ride. Will be doing the engine oil and filter and hopefully replace trans fluid this coming week.

Got some relatively clean telemetry during a test run, really useful for diagnosing, in this picture it shows the gears cycling through up to just over 100kph from a standing start... 0-100kph in 5.80 seconds... I think that's right on the money for a 270-280hp 1UZ in a 1450-1500kg loaded E36 with me & fuel inside etc.

Posted Image

An aftermarket ECU with a performance oreintated tune & shorter final drive with LSD center will hopefully level things at the 5 second flat range, maybe even high 4's with the right figures.

5.8 is impressive. Cool graph too