Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Pretty easy.

If you have a brain. Very easy to get wrong too.

• Like 1

If you have a brain. Very easy to get wrong too.

Hahahahaha lol agreed

I didnt finish in the 4hours I had to do it, partly thanks to a stripped distributor rotor bolt but I'll finish it tomorrow. Just have to put the distributor and radiator back in

• Like 1

congratulations on the sale Martin!

Sold my E34 touring to MasterSJ today.

good luck with the car! :D

Haha who is mastersj?

Pulled the M52B28 and ZF 5 speed out of my 328i Motorsport coupe donor car

Deleted the aircon but otherwise leaving engine as is. will leave the clutch and fly wheel upgrades for later down the track.

Deleted all the 4 cylinder brackets in the engine bay of the compact, pulled off the front of it to let the M52 through the towers.

Deleted the bonnet release on the nose and also on the bonnet it self while i was at it, will be running old school style pins.

Put the M52 in the hole, bolted it down, connected power steering lines so they didnt leak any more. had to use the 6 cylinder type lines from the donor car, compact steering rack is unknown condition but will find out soon enough.

Put nose back on, and put a M3/318iS type bumper on (not just regular M sport) i had lying around.

Still to connect everything up, run battery cable to mount the battery in the cabin some where, swap fuel pumps etc.

May put the dash from the coupe into it as well i havent decided yet.

At this stage will be keeping it 100% M52 untill the car is running etc just to keep the vairables down, later on will take the manifold off and put an M50 one on i have here, delete the ASC, reroute oil seperator etc. Its a track toy so hence the M50 manifold swap, its a waste of time on a road car.

will take some pictures at some stage, but there are some on Euro Car Club page for those that want to look now!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 7

great to hear of progress on your compact, Andy.

less of the 'today', though over the last week have been catching up on e46 maintenance. last weekend a decent wash, clay-bar. rain came so no wax. cleaned interior. wednesday, washed, dried, waxed. all meguiars product. removed racks from roof.

yesterday, new AC compressor and receiver drier, rear sway bar bushes and end links (thanks Page European!). Cool air again, the old compressor was pooched. luxury! Rear end now happy to follow front again.

Today I'm off to install new struts (Sachs OEM), strut bearings, bump stops, spring pads, dust boots, fasteners, and sway bar bushes; rear shocks (Sachs OEM), bump stops, dust pads, fasteners. Another episode of 'middle-aged grey-haired bastards on driveway with tools' to start at 0800 #8 )

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 3

post-5771-0-43484800-1450487213_thumb.jp

Intake mod

• Like 2

Posted Image blacked out my chrome grill :)
  • Like 1

^ You should black out your stonechips next. :D

No need to worry about that for now ;) full respray is on the cards early next year :)

Cabin filter and RSM strengthening plates for me today. And a wash with light polish, f**king bird sh*t on it before it was even dry :(

No need to worry about that for now ;) full respray is on the cards early next year :)

What does a full respray cost these days?

Cabin filter and RSM strengthening plates for me today. And a wash with light polish, f**king bird sh*t on it before it was even dry :(

What does a full respray cost these days?

About 4 to 5 k

About 4 to 5 k

That'd be drive in drive out then?

• Like 1

That'd be drive in drive out then?

Yeah man haha

Yeah man haha

After swearing and faffing about just getting the RSM supports in, that absolutely sounds like the way to go!

• Like 1

After swearing and faffing about just getting the RSM supports in, that absolutely sounds like the way to go!

Being a mechanic puts you in a position to be great friends with Panelbeaters which helps immensely. Haha I don't have the time to faff about with the car. Rather let them do it!!
  • Like 1

Taken front of e34 so I can fix it and put a new radiator in as the old one was cracked. I will be slowly doing it op again

And on the Isuzu I fixed play in back door, cigarette lighter, petrol flap, drivers door stop was broken, re welded it,

and taken dent out of the back just behind back wheel arch and re sprayed it. [a cow ran in to it]

Taken front of e34 so I can fix it and put a new radiator in as the old one was cracked. I will be slowly doing it op again

And on the Isuzu I fixed play in back door, cigarette lighter, petrol flap, drivers door stop was broken, re welded it,

and taken dent out of the back just behind back wheel arch and re sprayed it. [a cow ran in to it]

given up on the one lady owner E38 then?

NO just on hold for now, to much to do and not enough time to do it in Andy.

Will c you tomorrow? will let you know where I am parked up for those axels.

• Like 1

Changed the engine oil and filter. In the Mercedes, for a change... 1 hour, end-to-end, including getting everything out of the garage, clearing up afterwards, and even having a cup of tea in the middle.

Then went for a nice drive south.

• Like 1

Changed the oil in touring2.0 for the 3rd time in less than 200km and still have sh*t coming out!

Also put Billy's and lows in but forgot to take pics. Will get some for tomorrow after centre armrest is installed.

Oh and ticked over 200,000kms

Inside the oil filter and housing post-5102-0-12286300-1451462084_thumb.jppost-5102-0-25088300-1451462054_thumb.jp

Yuck.
Hopefully next time will be better. How long have you had it?