Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Replaced the clutch slave cylinder on my e36. Had to improvise a pressure bleeder from a coke bottle which worked a charm.

Tight arse mod of the month is a adjustable clutch pedal stop, or an washing machine foot.....

post-3850-0-57191400-1457596865.jpg

Fits up perfectly (OEM on the right)

not that a proper one costs much https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3807-uuc-clutch-stop/ but you cant beat near free mods for almost zero effort.

Edited by MLM
  • Like 4

I picked up - rather unexpectedly - a set of style 194 wheels (staggered) - today, following a trademe offer. I spent a couple of hours cleaning them up - I doubt they'd ever been washed on the inner rim before.

after springs...

Next is: to find a kerb-rash repairer (recommendations in Wellington appreciated!)

and then: some decent rubber in the 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 flavours.

Happy, me.

Lots of polishing haha

6_zpsdr7az2kn.jpg

Edited by Dapper
  • Like 1

Fitted clear indicators. Makes such a difference to the over all look, (a decent wash and wax would probably do the same.........).

post-176-0-08221400-1457816518_thumb.jpg

thump thump it went :(

2469801aca5a4db1b6782477fee55e04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by Docile

drove the e28 to hastings and back via the gentle annie rd :)

1080km round trip

car clicked over 530,000 km while on the napier to taupo road

post-279-0-54136000-1457858236_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-46341800-1457858239_thumb.jpg

Edited by BM WORLD
  • Like 8

drove the e28 to hastings and back via the gentle annie rd :)

1080km round trip

car clicked over 530,000 km while on the napier to taupo road

Just noticed your speedo only goes to 260 kmh. I think you need more numbers for that engine of yours

Just noticed your speedo only goes to 260 kmh. I think you need more numbers for that engine of yours

yea its actually gear limited to about that speed in theory

It's overdue for a service as well :P

yea stupid lights wont reset anymore , need to sort that some day :)
  • Like 1

Put some new tail smoked variant tail lamps on as well as side indicators and front indicators. I do like these

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

After lol

Car is going in for full back to bare metal respray soon!!

• Like 2

Just bought all my exhaust tubing, bends flexi's and v-bands. time to get this bitch plumbed up. waiting for the last of my parts from pelican and ergen motorsports, then i can get the final mock up done and get the motor out for prep of the engine bay :)

• Like 1

Charged the battery & moved it for the first time in 2 months.

Sprayed off the cobwebs with a hose :P

• Like 1

reservoir tank split down the side which had to happen sooner or later. Put her in for some love and had the full cooling system done as well as full service. Found the painters elbow was naffed as well so did that at same time. All good now and back home ready for a trip away at easter. :D

• Like 3

what's a painter's elbow??

Its the 90 degree bend that goes into the throttle body. Common cause of air leaks.

Was good to meet you on Monday Jase, sorry wasn't there today as I was having lunch when you picked up.

ahhh! that thing! thanks Gaz. :)

Its the 90 degree bend that goes into the throttle body. Common cause of air leaks.

Was good to meet you on Monday Jase, sorry wasn't there today as I was having lunch when you picked up.

All good just glad to have her back , was getting sick of walking to work hahaha.

Rebuilt the carby, and put a muffler on the e21, but most importantly, got the stereo going! Now i just have to get the clutch and brakes working, and put a door on it! Nothing major. ;)

• Like 1

Quick oil change on the E30 and the Range Rover. Stoked to find the sump plug on the M40 is at the front, and accessible without lifting the car off the ground at all.

• Like 2

Replaced the headunit in the e39 so I can now see what station Im listening too, bought some new seats for the touring and bought a new project for when the touring goes back on the road.

Installed the occupancy sensor defeat for the passenger seat, removed seat, test fitted NZKW bracket and slider for my Recaro seats. All seems fine (and no airbag light) although I think everything will be a bit too low, I might need to prop it up a bit, possibly by using ~1" stands between the floor bracket and sliders.

BTW - don't pay $65 for an occupancy sensor defeat from Trademe, get a better one from eBay for $12 shipped.

• Like 2

Installed the occupancy sensor defeat for the passenger seat, removed seat, test fitted NZKW bracket and slider for my Recaro seats. All seems fine (and no airbag light) although I think everything will be a bit too low, I might need to prop it up a bit, possibly by using ~1" stands between the floor bracket and sliders.

BTW - don't pay $65 for an occupancy sensor defeat from Trademe, get a better one from eBay for $12 shipped.

You need to go out and test it now Dave... :P

• Like 2

You need to go out and test it now Dave... :P

The airbags? lol! ;)

Replaced the headunit in the e39 so I can now see what station Im listening too, bought some new seats for the touring and bought a new project for when the touring goes back on the road.

I didn't even know you were running an e39 as well. what's the new project?

• Like 1