Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

BTW - don't pay $65 for an occupancy sensor defeat from Trademe, get a better one from eBay for $12 shipped.

Where on Ebay? Best I have seen is NZD$21.50 plus shipping

I didn't even know you were running an e39 as well. what's the new project?

Should probably update my profile, the daily is a motorsport 530i.

Few things to do before I share it but it would be perfect on a day like today (in Christchurch anyway).

Water tank is full and heavy rain forecast for later this week, so I washed it! Looks a little better, although no amount of wax is going to fix the clearcoat on the bonnet :o

• Like 1

How did I miss that??? Cheers Dave

splitter needs to be black though i think!

Is this better Andy,

and mucking around with some stickers.

post-3075-0-48818400-1458446303.jpg

post-3075-0-03692100-1458446325.jpg

post-3075-0-00248600-1458446347.jpg

• Like 1

Acquired and fitted a genuine mtech 1 rear spoiler. Ahh Inlove all over again

0a2e4a7ba3666131451915b9aeb7cdd1.jpg3bb0c942f1a6a9792859ddc3e6f4d23d.jpg

Edited by EUROHO
  • Like 5

Should probably update my profile, the daily is a motorsport 530i.

Few things to do before I share it but it would be perfect on a day like today (in Christchurch anyway).

ooooh, that sounds flash. time for a thread of it's own, I reckon!

Water tank is full and heavy rain forecast for later this week, so I washed it! Looks a little better, although no amount of wax is going to fix the clearcoat on the bonnet :o

wax? nahhhh mate, the best fix for a failing clearcoat bonnet is satin black. The clearcoat on my brick has been failing for 7 years, and Mrs Olaf resolutely prevents me from breaking out the random orbital and satty-B. When we were first married we had a sigma wagon with a matte-black bonnet, ahhhh those were the days.

PS: "you know it makes sense"

Edited by Olaf

what did I do to my BMW (yester)day? Got the Style 194's on with new RE-003s (225/45/17 & 245/40/17).

If Toyota australia might allow: "what a feeling".

First rain this morning in wellington for a goodly while. First impressions are very positive.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2

changed the oil and filter on the e28 , did the spark plugs , much smoother now :)

its 530,000km present

• Like 4

did you reset the service indicator lights Brent?

• Like 2

did you reset the service indicator lights Brent?

na my tool wont reset them , maybe a fault in the cluster , might try the wire short out method like I used to use years back

Oil and filter and I added a magnetic sump plug, let's see what that will do.

Did a full flush with 2l of clean oil and lifted the car from side to side. In the end only gold was coming out. Took a few hours but happy. :)

Not happy about not being able to take my wheels off or being unable to undo my tie-rods! :(

Edited by M3AN

Dave, FWIW I tried a magnetic sump plug with my Volvo many years ago, next change it had attracted some very minor particles, though wiping it off I found the finish flaking off and decided that sh*t should not be transported around my oil galleries. I restored the original sump plug.

Hopefully yours is of better quality and provides no issues.

On Saturday I washed and dried mine, blacked the tyres, and made an image or two of it wearing its new boots. On sunday I drove it to upper hutt and back. and I liked it! #8 )

25440072673_99c343cf6a_z.jpg

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2

Replaced the hedgehog resistor again. That'll teach me for thinking a cheap one from eBay might 'do'.

Dunno how Glenn does it. I find this job a monumental PITA!

And... I'll have to get in there again. The tiny white plastic clip on the end of the rod that controls the air vent position (screen, cabin, footwell) decided yesterday was a good day to break. I'm not even thinking how much fun that is going to be to replace.

Still, at least we have air blowing on the screen again.

Replaced the hedgehog resistor again. That'll teach me for thinking a cheap one from eBay might 'do'.

Dunno how Glenn does it. I find this job a monumental PITA!

And... I'll have to get in there again. The tiny white plastic clip on the end of the rod that controls the air vent position (screen, cabin, footwell) decided yesterday was a good day to break. I'm not even thinking how much fun that is going to be to replace.

Still, at least we have air blowing on the screen again.

haha

yes I keep a stock of those servo motors and brackets next to the FSR units for this reason :)

Installed remote central locking on the E30. Now I don't have to be paranoid about the replacement lock barrel disintegrating.

Olaf, your wagon looks amazing. New wheels suit it very nicely too. Is that paint Orientblau?

Edited by kevinator9

Now it is 100% tax deductible.

post-3075-0-46361000-1459133592.jpg

post-3075-0-11970200-1459133615.jpg

post-3075-0-33383000-1459133647.jpg

• Like 7

Installed remote central locking on the E30. Now I don't have to be paranoid about the replacement lock barrel disintegrating.

Olaf, your wagon looks amazing. New wheels suit it very nicely too. Is that paint Orientblau?

good news on the central locking, Andrew! Did your parts car come with M20B25? Perhaps you can retrofit that and the ARB's, brakes etc... #8 )

thanks, yes it's orientblau metallic, it polishes up pretty well despite wearing the usual minor blemishes from living outdoors, supermarkets, and parking buildings. I'm pretty stoked with the wheels, though full credit to Lewis for really proving Style 194's on the e46! The wheels have been repainted, clear coated, and then baked.

Perhaps I'll do a thead on this car; it's never been so much a 'project' as more a series of ongoing maintenance tasks and repairs! Odd to think I've had it four years already. Question: should it be a project thread, or a showroom thread?

cheers

Parts car is m20b23. But I think it has something major going on in cylinder #3. Will not fire it's getting spark and fuel alright and I suspect a head gasket.

I has abs but it's a rust bucket so the rear hubs are pretty shot. Good news is it has the air con loom I needed and manual gearbox so will be attempting that in the coming weeks.

Love that colour, johns coupe was the same colour too? Isabel's is as well maybe we should bring that to the next meet...

I can't tell the line between a project and a showroom thread. I think a project is for the major "off the road for a while" jobs but that's only a guess!

Isabel's scored her e46? needs it's own thread, more details please and congrats. Yes, Herbmobile is also Orientblau #8 )

Looking forward to seeing your A/C retrofit progressing, nice work!

Now it is 100% tax deductible.

is it just me or is the rear and front wheels back to front in your second picture? more dish would usually go on the back....

is it just me or is the rear and front wheels back to front in your second picture? more dish would usually go on the back....

No they are all the same dish, need to borrow my glasses Andy lol