Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Swore at it. Well, swore at Miss M's car.

A lot.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:43 PM, LemonHunter said:

Apparently the ball for being approved insurers is pretty low, though, half of them are IAG brands anyway.

Yeah, just gotta be cheap, thats all insurers care about.

Itd be cheaper just do the job once :D 

Goes back tomorrow...

• Haha 1

Celebrated the summer weather and Auckland water restrictions being relaxed and gave the gar its first two bucket wash in 6 months.

Was so nice outside, decided to slap on a coat of CarPro Elixer while I was at it - so nice holding a hose again haha

IMG_1463 copy.jpg

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 10

^ That car is stunning. 

• Like 3

I went for a WoF in the 130i today... it took a sum total of 14 minutes, paint me stunned.

In the first instance I rocked up to the local garage at 16:35 and expected them to tell me 'after Christmas' but the owner said 'we'll do it now if you want' - first surprise. I said yep, I'll wait and, after taking it for a quick drive, the owner drove it back in to the free bay and 3 people descended upon it and worked like bees. I drove out, with a fresh WoF, at 16:49... couldn't believe it.

Admittedly it's mechanically sound, very clean underneath and has new tyres but 14 minutes (including paying)!?! VTNZ need to take a lesson.

• Like 2

Re-complied. WoF'd. New plates. Rego'd. Road legal.

Yesss, today was a good day! 😊

Edited by treone
  • Like 2

Take two

Much better! I think some people got yelled at. Looks new now, did a sh*t hot job the second time around. 

IMG_20201216_194841.jpg

• Like 3

Removed rear quarter tint, up until this week had assumed it was a factory privacy glass and it bothered me (don’t like tint at all on older cars, especially with a nice interior to show off).

Didn’t have to remove the window and both sides came out in one piece, good times!

Removed rear quarter tint, up until this week had assumed it was a factory privacy glass and it bothered me (don’t like tint at all on older cars, especially with a nice interior to show off).

Didn’t have to remove the window and both sides came out in one piece, good times!

Washed the 130i in the driveway for the first time since, well, Covid I suppose. Used the Bosch water blaster I got during the original lockdown for the first time ever, it's been sitting in the garage taunting me since May. It was 25% off for a week so I thought 'why not?'.

Delighted with the pressure washer and the included 'snow cannon' seems to work just fine, no need for a $100 extra at this stage.

• Like 1

Drove it.

One year and 2,500 kms of use, thought this was pretty cool...

A5E96452-580A-428F-AAC2-B3658AD32A4E.jpeg

• Like 2

It sure is @balancerider! It has a third more filling capacity than my HSV wagon, which has 1.7l more cc’s. Thats  why this one hovers around the halfway full mark 😎

but the bigger tank is in line with its GT nature 😁

Like the E38, 95L tank, best not fill from empty ...... 🤕 

Put new wiper blades on the M5, the last set have been on there as long as I have owned the car so $155 for the pair is actually pretty good value IMO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Gave it a Christmas clean and thrash.5120D5EC-9360-4E20-9C39-09A52F24D942.jpeg

Mean. Car looks so good mate. My e39 is not getting an Xmas thrash this year. Has a funny engine knock sucking sound. 

Recently cleaned and protected the 535i.

1) Meguiars spray clay - This stuff is actually really good.  Not quite as good a finish as a real clay bar but for the effort put in I am more than happy with the results.  I'd say 90% of a real clay bar.

2) Autoglym Super Resin Polish

3) Meguiars NXT 2.0

And then today I gave it a spray down and then put on a coat of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax.  Will see how that goes.  Meguiars NXT 2.0 already comes out real slick but doesn't last too long.

20201230_123525.thumb.jpg.703b72b5bf7ed50cb0eaa1289366b032.jpg

Got it from storage and bought it home. Now to clean it up, guards rolled and a wheel alignment 

• Like 7

Fitted a car bra...not sure if I’m sold on it or not6F387B2F-D462-4658-82A7-D9EC31756B25.thumb.jpeg.c1764741596b4072da0f5d595d32bbf8.jpeg

• Confused 1

Not sure it works on the yellow...

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Not sure it works on the yellow...

Yea neither...